Jamal Lewis released

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 16, 2005
Texans | Moulds released
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 13:21:14 -0800

ESPNews reports the Houston Texans have released WR Eric Moulds.

Vikings | B. Johnson to be released
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 13:18:17 -0800

ESPNews reports the Minnesota Vikings will release QB Brad Johnson.

Ravens | Lewis waived
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 13:13:50 -0800

ESPNews reports the Baltimore Ravens have waived RB Jamal Lewis.

Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
@scary what up......i saw this article about denver looking at micheal turner, what have you heard? how serious are they?

http://kshb.com/kshb/sports/article/0,1925,KSHB_9430_5382225,00.html
Broncos to wait and see on Chargers' Turner
By LEE RASIZER
February 26, 2007

He's the thick, explosive running back the Denver Broncos covet to make their offense more complete.

For now, he's off-limits.

And in a couple of days, the price still might prove prohibitive for Michael Turner of the San Diego Chargers.

Much will depend on what kind of tender offer LaDainian Tomlinson's talented backup receives by Thursday's deadline from the team for which he's averaged an impressive 6 yards per carry in limited action during the past three seasons as a restricted free agent.

A $1.3 million tender by San Diego would require any team signing the 5-10, 237-pound running back to an offer sheet that the Chargers then decline to match to give up a second-round draft pick. A $1.85 million tender under similar circumstances would cost a first-rounder.

The high tender - $2.35 million - likely would take Turner off the market, given the cost to someone signing him, a first- and third-round pick.

"It's a question of what do we do?" Chargers general manager A.J. Smith said during the weekend at the scouting combine in Indianapolis. "But we have to work our way through the three different levels of it. . . . And how it's going to play out right now, I don't know. But he's quite obviously a terrific player."

The Chargers have sufficient salary-cap space to easily handle any of those tender offers with nearly a $22 million shortfall.

But with Tomlinson's presence - and cost - they also know Turner would become an unrestricted free agent next season and they'd get nothing in return.

At the same time, San Diego will be one of the Super Bowl favorites, and "in case of a major injury, it's a comforting feeling to know if anything should happen, what you're going to do coming in," Smith said.

A first-round tender might make the most sense. It would allow them to get a return on Turner while not scaring away teams.

San Diego then could look at replacing Turner in the draft. San Diego might just as easily play keep-away with the high tender from a team such as the Broncos.

"The general consensus is that, if you have a one and a three, they're untouchable," Smith said. "And, for the most part, it's totally correct. But sometimes, it's a rare player where an organization might go, 'Whoa.' It's a steep price but . . .' And he might be in that unique category, not for a lot of clubs, but it only takes one to say, 'Boy it's interesting.' "

Besides the Broncos, the New York Jets and Baltimore Ravens are among the teams expected to watch the situation closely.

The Broncos, who appear to be shopping enigmatic Tatum Bell this offseason and own the No. 21 pick in the first round, likely would consider the cost if it's a first- or second-rounder because Oklahoma's Adrian Peterson is likely unattainable in the draft and consensus No. 2 prospect Marshawn Lynch of California will cost a pick or two to move into the range of 10 to 20 in Round 1 to get him.

May 30, 2006
Someone will pick up Jamal Lewis.

Maybe Cincy cuz I aint too sure about Rudi Johnson. The Browns could use a gamebreaking back. Even the Raiders could show some interest. He'll be picked up a lot sooner then any other player on the market.

Az far az Eric Moulds. He couldn't cut it with the sorry azz Texans so who's gonna want him now?

Michael Turner aint staying with SD. There are teams starving 4 a runningback & he haz a few years of experience with very little miles on him.

Nov 7, 2006
JLMACN said:
^^^look for the Patriots to snatch Jamal Lewis..

dont know bout that cuz we got a good RB as it is and i dont think we would bench him another season and i dont think jamal would like to be benched but the new thing is havin a duo so maybe, that would be pretty sick though cuz maroney is a speed guy and jamal is a power guy. that would be a good duo

ESCOBAR 92113

BARRIO LOGAN
Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
The Evil Genius said:
Michael Turner aint staying with SD. There are teams starving 4 a runningback & he haz a few years of experience with very little miles on him.
unfortunatley its not up to Micheal Turner if he wants to stay or not. He is restricted, it depends on what teams are willing to give up. I think the bolts are looking for a 1st and 3rd draft pick, would you give that much for him?

Mar 18, 2006
i think that lewis would be a good fit in cincy......what about the browns?? I just remember him runnin ALL over those teams, im sure they wouldnt mind having him on their side

big D

Sicc OG
May 2, 2002
ESCOBAR 92113 said:
@scary what up......i saw this article about denver looking at micheal turner, what have you heard? how serious are they?
I've heard rumors of Turner, J Lewis, Thomas Jones and even Willis McGahee in Denver.
I'd love to see Turner here. I really hope Michael Bush flies under the draft radar and ends up getting drafted by Denver.

Dec 3, 2005
jamal lewis will more than likely resign with the ravens, they just waived him because he was due so much money is bonus and salary. he will be more inclined to sign back with the ravens when he sees that the amount of money he can get around the rest of the league will be just about the same as the new restructured shit the ravens will offer him. so with the about the same amount of money on the table no matter where he goes, the question is will he want to have a fresh start with a new team or stay with a pereniall contender with a stingy D? he's still on the good side of 30 so he has two to four years in him.

Jul 24, 2005
mane that's the best thing that could have happen to my ravens jamal is finish plan & simple that boy has to much wear & tear on his legs to be anyone's feature back. But don't forget the ravens will resign mike anderson