IS SOMETHING LESS VALUABLE IF ITS PRINTED OUTSIDE OF THE US?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 25, 2005
im from canada, and i have a few things (not that theyre worth anything) that say printed in canada etc...im wondering for the hardcore collectioners here if that affects the value in anyway?

Apr 25, 2006
I always tripped off this too but found that a lot of the early 90's bay stuff was printed in canada, like a lot of the in-a-minute stuff, I think some SMG cd's...I know the early mac dre stuff was printed in canada...

May 25, 2005
cool..im gonna go through some tonight, and put up some examples...thanks yall for the responses...

EDIT: first example..the one that made me think of this in the first place...Foolish Soundtrack from No Limit Records..and Goodie Mob Soul Food...bought both last week at a pawn shop...cost me 2$ flat for both...

May 25, 2005
yup it says...1995 laface records...TM under license to BMG music Canada Inc. Distributed by BMG music Canada Inc. the address in Ontario...then All rights reserved. Printed in Canada.

Apr 25, 2006
hmm....sounds like it's a canadian press maybe? or one of those BMG "buy 10 cd's for a penny" type offers. to me I think it decreases the value a bit...I have an all eyez on me cd that's from bmg . musics the same there's just a white box on the back side that says bmg distributing...actually I have an e40-ina major way that's bmg as well...these version to me, are up there with promo holes and saw marks and the likes...

Jul 7, 2005
www.mintunderground.com
yup it says...1995 laface records...TM under license to BMG music Canada Inc. Distributed by BMG music Canada Inc. the address in Ontario...then All rights reserved. Printed in Canada.
It's worth less for 2 reasons. One this album was pressed in the US. Two it a BMG direct issue. Those and any other clearing house pressed records aren't worth anything. Basically they have/had the rights to press those copies, because BMG owns/run just about every major record company and they sell those specific CD for $1.00. BMG is like ASCAP if you're familiar with that. Them and Columbia Clearing house offers cheaper priced CD's as an attempt to get you to buy other items. I don't know if they're still around, but they would try to sell you magazines like Time, Life and etc too. You could order like 10 CD's for $9.99 back in the days. Their business model was to get you through the door, get your information and send you non stop advertising and marketing in hopes of selling you more. They're not worth anything. They usually have a weird UPC code if they have one at all. They some times say, "BMG Direct", "CRC", "CHC" and etc. If you have these in your collection, yes they might have came out around the same time, but they're not first pressings. As they stated, they had the rights to duplicate for sale, which they did. What record company would deny BMG and/or ASCAP? It doesn't happen.

May 25, 2005
It's worth less for 2 reasons. One this album was pressed in the US. Two it a BMG direct issue. Those and any other clearing house pressed records aren't worth anything. Basically they have/had the rights to press those copies, because BMG owns/run just about every major record company and they sell those specific CD for $1.00. BMG is like ASCAP if you're familiar with that. Them and Columbia Clearing house offers cheaper priced CD's as an attempt to get you to buy other items. I don't know if they're still around, but they would try to sell you magazines like Time, Life and etc too. You could order like 10 CD's for $9.99 back in the days. Their business model was to get you through the door, get your information and send you non stop advertising and marketing in hopes of selling you more. They're not worth anything. They usually have a weird UPC code if they have one at all. They some times say, "BMG Direct", "CRC", "CHC" and etc. If you have these in your collection, yes they might have came out around the same time, but they're not first pressings. As they stated, they had the rights to duplicate for sale, which they did. What record company would deny BMG and/or ASCAP? It doesn't happen.

thanks for the info, yeah i know exactly what youre talking about though...i always saw those flyers theyd send people when i was like 10, and my mother was always like nah were not messing with that shit hahaha....

who here bought the new ice cube i am the west...that also says printed in canada, but im assuming they must all be like that and it was cheaper for him i guess?

btw any others i find in my collection with the bmg/columbia stuff i wont mention..only others that ive bought retail/ebay, and not at pawn/second hand shops...