Is GTA IV Lost and Damned Worth $20?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 19, 2008

Posted on Dec 1, 2008
Rockstar Games announced this week that the episodic content for Grand Theft Auto IV will cost $20. It will also be available in shops, as a special token that players can buy to later download the game via Xbox Live. The company has set an ambitious price for their downloadable content, asking a higher price than many other companies dare for additional gameplay. For example, Lionhead has recently announced an upcoming add-on pack for Fable 2 that will retail for around $10 (800 Microsoft points). Like Lost and Damned, the Fable 2 DLC adds new weapons, characters, and story details to the core adventure. So, is the Lost and Damned DLC worth $20? The short answer is, it depends.

It depends of course, on whether Rockstar can really deliver the goods with this heavily hyped downloadable content. At $20 per episode, Rockstar is essentially asking fans to plunk down the entire retail cost of the game one more time, in order to enjoy some zany new adventures in what amounts to the same game world. Here is what would make Lost and Damned worth $20 of our hard earned GameFlavor bucks:

If Rockstar includes some new map areas to explore, with new things to do in those areas, this would be a step in the right direction. ($6)

If Lost and Damned has an entertaining plot and cast of characters that carry the story for at least 6 hours, we would be even happier. ($6)

Each episode of DLC should come with new challenges to complete that make creative use of the environment of Liberty City. ($4)

Finally, we want a whole bunch of interesting little extras like weapons, outfits, vehicles and music to round out the experience. ($4)

If Rockstar can pull off all of these things with the first episode of downloadable content, then we will be happy customers. There will also be a much higher chance that we will be excited to do it all again when the second episode finally arrives. The Lost and Damned is expected to go on sale this February 17.

May 3, 2002
Yeah, and you're a new character and everything. Its like a Biker story or something.

Reminds me of the "Sons of Anarchy" show.. wonder if they stole any ideas from it.. I'll probably get it, even thought GTA is old to me, and ive been stuck playin Saints Row 2, cuz its so much fun.

Aug 7, 2003
should be good for microsoft. only thing i got to worry about is how big the expansion is, me like many others only got like 8 gigs left on their OG 20gb xbox 360. so hopefully i can download the expansion and still have room to download other shit in the future.

Oct 19, 2008
i really enjoyed gta4 unlike most, i know the took 10 steps back from san andreas(rides/weapons etc.)...but none the less you rarely see good open world games like these, imo saints rows has nothin on GTA...to each his own tho

& being a ps3 owner (fuckin Xbox spent 50 mill for these episodes) im still interested & wanna peep the new stoy / game play

wish they where workin on GTA5 instead these new eps for jus one console

Jan 2, 2004
They're most definitely working on both. i doubt the new eps will have any gameplay enhancements, and its not gonna be a new location. Just new story and missions, which are probably fairy easy to program. Plus, also hopefully new weapons.

But they are definitely doing GTA5, or GTA4:2 however it goes, too.

Jul 3, 2008
& being a ps3 owner (fuckin Xbox spent 50 mill for these episodes) im still interested & wanna peep the new stoy / game play

wish they where workin on GTA5 instead these new eps for jus one console
i was heated when i didnt have a ps2 cuz every1 was playen san andreas...besides me cuz i had an xbox...

the tables have turned

Jul 3, 2008
o hell yea...i dun beat the game n got up to 93% before i even owned it...then i tried to show my patna that game was in the game so i started a new game n accidentally and didnt play it since

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
this is the first game i bought for 360...i didnt even play my 360 while this was the only game i had..i sort of felt like i shouldnt even have bought a 360...then i got a few other games and i felt alot better about my purchase. i guess at some point ill try to get into it. i wanted this game so bad when all i had was ps2 that i was gonna buy a xbox while it was full price just for this game..then i end up getting my xbox cheap and it for 20 bucks and i just kinda sat there like ..well what do i do now?

im eventually going to try to get into this game. i kinda liked that its harder to get away from the cops, and the whole flying off of motorbikes and cars in slow mo deal....i guess grand theft san andreas sorta played out the whole gta engine for me. plus having no instruction booklet dosent help much.