I think Football is going soft...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
There are so many fines now. You cant touch a quarterback or even a reciever! WTF. Why is the league doing this? Back in the day when the NFL began, those were some tough guys and now all the players do is bitch about how they want more money and any little injury they miss like 2 games. Something is wrong with players now!!!!!!

May 4, 2002
Ronnie Lott had part of his finger cut off just so he could keep playin. These cats nowadays are on the IR for a damn sprained ankle. I played a whole season in HIGH SCHOOL with a fucked up ankle and a severely seperated shoulder and I wasn't under contract. Being a flashy pretty boy that can't take a hit is the name of the game now. Fuck a QB. They shouldn't have special rules to protect one player on the field. They should have to play under the same rules as everyone else.:dead:

Apr 25, 2002
Its because linenackers and defensive ends are not trying to sack or tackle the player with the ball, they are TRYING to injure them. Not saying thats right or wrong, but if the same rules existed now, and with people trying to show off how hard they can hit, there would be alot more serious injuries. But i agree shit has taken a turn for the worse.

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
Nitro GH said:
Its because linenackers and defensive ends are not trying to sack or tackle the player with the ball, they are TRYING to injure them. Not saying thats right or wrong, but if the same rules existed now, and with people trying to show off how hard they can hit, there would be alot more serious injuries. But i agree shit has taken a turn for the worse.
I see what you are saying. Helmet to helmet hitting on a quarterback is wrong and shouldnt be allowed. But when safteys get a good hit on a wide reciever doing a crossing pattern, and they get fined. Thats bull shit.