How to Rap: The Art and Science of the Hip-Hop MC

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
Stumbled upon this...

http://www.amazon.com/How-Rap-Art-Science-Hip-Hop/dp/1556528167/

Clipse, Cypress Hill, Nelly, Public Enemy, Remy Ma, Schoolly D, A Tribe Called Quest, will.i.am—these are just some of the acclaimed artists offering tips and advice in this compelling how-to. Delivering countless candid and exclusive first-person insights from interviews with more than one hundred of the most innovative artists, author Paul Edwards examines the dynamics of rap from every region and in every form--mainstream and underground, current and classic—and covers everything from content and flow to rhythm and delivery. A first-of-its-kind guide, How to Rap provides a wealth of insight and rapping lore that will benefit beginners and pros alike.

Why am I posting this here? Tech is quoted over a dozen times. You can see his contributions via the link below, though you'll need an Amazon account and will have to be logged in.

http://www.amazon.com/reader/1556528167?_encoding=UTF8&query=n9ne#reader_1556528167

Here's a teaser though...

Oct 6, 2008
Someone should get this for Killa C as a Christmas present.
That's hilarious! 3 days ago my homie asked me if I knew who Killa C is and he showed me he copped "Tainted Flesh" on itunes and put it on his iPod touch. I haven't heard that shit in a minute and all I heard was the two Tech features. So I was jamming "Die Again" and Killa C spits, then Tech spits, then Killa C again and it's just a gigantic Fail. (Minus Tech's hook and verse of course)

Thanks for posting this. I literally "LOL"

Mar 3, 2003
www.facebook.com
yea i just saw an ad in Waxpoetics magazine about this book, said it was coming out sometime this month. Found it later that day at Borders (it's been out for a month or two), and I just checked it out of the library a couple days back.

It's a pretty cool, detailed book. Covers any/all aspects of lyricism, even stuff about live performances and all that. Lots of Tech quotes throughout the book, and in the back where they have a summary of each artist that contributed to the book, they have that old Killer "screaming in a straightjacket while tied to a dolly" pic next to it.

Nov 12, 2002
www.MSMOfficial.com
great everybody and their mothers already try to fuccin rap now We're gonna have more of these ridiculous mutha fuccaz comin out of tha word works.....appreciate it.....someone should throw a bomb through the window of whoever came up with this idea

Jun 29, 2008
great everybody and their mothers already try to fuccin rap now We're gonna have more of these ridiculous mutha fuccaz comin out of tha word works.....appreciate it.....someone should throw a bomb through the window of whoever came up with this idea
Maybe when they do get popular they will be original though.

Nov 12, 2002
www.MSMOfficial.com
the people who need to read the book to become a rapper are only gonna people who listen to popular music and radio.....and thus will want to sound like their favorite rapper that they hear on tha radio continuing this cycle of bullshit that is forced down our throats by Clear Channel everyday