How many of u artist out there actually sent out a demo?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 20, 2005
How many of u artist out there actually sent out a demo and got called back whether it was some positive or negative feedback? and how long did it take for them to call u back?

Feb 8, 2003
Demo procedure don"t work no more in this day and age since theres 1.??? such and such million people that want to be rappers. They wont listen to a demo 90% of the time. usually you gottta know someone already in the industry some kind of way or create a nationwide buzz on your own and if they feeling you you'll get contacted. But the demo game got fucked up do to the fact everyone sends them every sec every day.

Aug 7, 2006
actually we did to the wake up show(sway,tech, rev) hot97 and all the LA outlets and it took around 2 weeks for them to give us a call back. The only thing tho is we didnt wait on that we sent it out and then started other projects and links. basically what im sayin is dont wait around if they havent got back to you yet

Jan 23, 2007
well in sac our radio sation has a program that showcases new artist and all you have to do is give em a radio friendly demo and if its hot they put you on...i remember thats how i heard about mistah fab cuz they played super sick wit it on one of them radio shows like 2 and a half years ago...i know about 4-5 cats that got they shit played

Aug 7, 2006
rawtunes said:
well in sac our radio sation has a program that showcases new artist and all you have to do is give em a radio friendly demo and if its hot they put you on...i remember thats how i heard about mistah fab cuz they played super sick wit it on one of them radio shows like 2 and a half years ago...i know about 4-5 cats that got they shit played

thats another one, try to go through dj supe from 103 or big Al from 102.