How can you tell if your subs arent getting enough power?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Rusto

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2002
Other than the obvious, are there any signs to look out for, sound wise to tell if you arent giving your subs enough watts? To me my subs sound fine, but im looking up the specs of the amp that is powering them and each channel is only about half of my subs RMS, which obviously isnt enough. Is there any way to tell if you are getting optimal sound?

thanks

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
^^thats pretty much it. Other than listening to your same subs powered in someone elses ride with matching RMS to make them hit. My friend has the same Cerwin Vega Vmax 12.4 600W RMS subs in his ride powered by a hifonics merlin amp which is only 300x2 RMS and he is running it at 4ohms and they hit pretty hard but I know they could hit harder. Now I just got an amp for these same subs but the ones I own and its a 1600w RMS amp thats 1ohm stable. I will turn down the gains but will be wiring the subs up to a 1Ohm load. Also being over by 400w RMS is not gonna hurt. Gives the amp room to breathe. This is pretty much the extend of how you know.