Help!! What Recording Schools In The USA do You Recommend?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

yes

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2006
IM GOING TO RECORDING SCHOOL BUT THE ONE I WAS REALLY REFERED TO IS THE RECORDING WORKSHOP IN CHILIOTHE OHIO NEAR COLUMBOUS OHIO ANYONE HEARD OF THIS?? AND PLUS IS THEIR ANYMORE GOOD SCHOOLS OUT THIER PLEASE DROP THEIR NAMES AND A WEBLINK IF HAVE THANKS

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I'm a conservatory graduate, its a great school but I strongly suggest saving 14 grand and teaching this shit to yourself cuz I havn't met alot of people that audio school has helped land them a career in this shit. Everyone including my self in my graduating class isn't doing much in the industry aside from recording their buddies on their pro tools rigs. That is unless you have a rich daddy and a dispposable income cuz if you really want to make it in this industry the first 3 years of your life will be hell if thats not the case.

Jul 12, 2002
If I were you I would look into the Musicians Institute in Hollywood. I did a tour with them and it looked pretty sweet. You have 24 hour access to this lab with like 20 computers and each computer has a triton sitting in front of it (if i remember correctly). They have a big room where they throw concerts for the students and the students help run the shows. They also got all the good shit such as a Neve, SSL, etc. www.mi.edu go check it out.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I'm telling you though, Audio engineering is an extremly competitive back stabbing profession thats employment market is hella oversaturated. If you go to one of those schools don't go in with any hoop dreams that you are gonna be the next Tom Dowd cuz it most likley will not happen. You have to be in it for nothing but the love of the craft cuz most likley thats all you are gonna get out of it in the end. Its a very limited diploma to have trust me, if things don't work out in this business for you you will be waiting tables and interning for nothing on the weekends (if you can even get that) or some other shitty scenario with a 15 grand plus student loan over your head. Sorry, just slightly bitter on how things have turned out.

Honestly if you do alot of reasearch and know the gear you have, you'd probably be better off. I mean honestly after you leave your school you will probably never get the chance to get your hands on a Neve or SSL again, you might as well just learn the basics and apply those rules to what you already know and own.

yes

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2006
i feel that jayda i would love to make a profession out of studio engineering but the main reason is to get more hands on bigger and more professional equipment and i dont want to go really locally to a music college cause i want to get out of the bay right now and explore the rest of the world thats why im thinking about the www.recordingworkshop.com its about the right money for me and in a area im not known to go to ohio but im just up for trying new things i understand taht it is very hard to land a job but as long as i know my shit its a craft that i can always have their are alot of young kats and groups in the pittsburg area rite now and they need guidance and people to know how to mix/record/master and i think i could just use that as side money ya dig thanks though jayda apprciate the feedback