Heavy 1990s albums?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 14, 2005
I know a lot of people on here scoff at the idea of gangster rap coming out of Seattle. But that shouldn't keep you from answering the question: What good gangster rap came out of the 206 in the 1990s? The newer stuff, no matter where you find it, tends to suck. But from like 1990-1997, the golden years of gangsta shit, what good records came out of Seattle? It seems like if there was a community of those rappers, they have all but disappeared. The Emerald City Playaz record is pretty good, and the Central Dynasty album "Why Does Everybody Want To Be A Killa?" is definitely tight (I think they were from the Central District). But those were the only ones I could find. I just cannot stand "art rap" shit like Common Market, the Blue Scholars, Abyssinian Creole, etc (which seems to be about all that Seattle produces these days), and the stuff that I've found claiming to be hard is weak as hell. There had to be some other good albums similar to the two I mentioned earlier...any recommendations?