Haynesworth Wants Trade, Won't Attend Minicamp

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Jim Haslett is a terrible defensive coordinator. He was the Saints head coach when I was a fan and then he went to the Rams as defensive coordinator. The dude is terrible. I don't blame Haynesworth for not wanting to play in that defense.

Nov 12, 2002
www.MSMOfficial.com
he would be, as much as i try to dislike the guy for his antics at this point haynesworth has a point, he didnt sign up to be a 3-4 fat wall, hes one of the most athletic, powerful men in the leauge, he NEEEDS to be going towards QB
I agree but there's a point where you signed a contract to play for team....you just cashed a $20 Mill checc like a week ago and you still refuse to play for them....there was no clause in his contract that said he would never have to play in a 3-4....fucc that shit....Earn Your $100 Mill and honor your contract...Athletes are turning into spoiled little bitches....

Apr 25, 2002
Jim Haslett is a terrible defensive coordinator. He was the Saints head coach when I was a fan and then he went to the Rams as defensive coordinator. The dude is terrible. I don't blame Haynesworth for not wanting to play in that defense.

God you are a fucking idiot. Just stop talking about Football on here; you ruin it for everyone else.

Apr 2, 2010
This soon to be legend is killing himself...Hes a great player but isn't worth the money hes asking for, but he is argue-ably the best (at least one of the best) DT in the NFL atm...

May 18, 2005
I never heard of such bafoonery in my life! I can say though no one's heard from the man since he's been holding out and all of the words out of his mouth been coming from the media. It gotta be more to it then just playing in the 3-4. We (Redskins) dumb for switching to the 3-4 anyway. 4-3 was perfectly fine and I could see running the 3-4 on maybe passing downs only....

Jul 25, 2007
So Haynesworth gets paid $21 milli a couple months ago and now is being sued by the bank for not making payments on a $2.4 million loan. WTF?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/06/haynesworth_sued_by_tennessee.html

Haynesworth sued by Tennessee bank

You know who's having a bad month? Albert Haynesworth.

Just within the past 30 days, he's been sued by a pregnant Brooklyn stripper, fined by his team for skipping a mandatory minicamp, and pilloried by every living and dead human who has ever played for, rooted for, or seen a Redskins game.

And now, a Tennessee bank is suing him, saying he hasn't made payments on a $2.38 million commercial loan.

The suit, reported by the Knoxville News Sentinel, alleges that Haynesworth has failed to follow the terms of an extension agreement, and that the bank is therefore entitled to a judgment of $2,408,143.38, which includes unpaid interest and late charges.

The News Sentinel reported that the suit was filed last week over a loan made last summer.

In other news, the lawyer for the man suing Haynesworth over a car crash e-mailed Hogs Haven's Kevin Ewoldt that his client is unable to return to his $9/hour job due to health issues.

"In comparison," the lawyer wrote, "Haynesworth says he won't show up to his job despite getting another $21 million 2 months ago - Wow."

Anyone else want a whack? I think there are still some smarties buried somewhere in that pinata.

By Dan Steinberg | June 22, 2010; 11:01 AM ET
Categories: Redskins

Oct 23, 2009
Redskins, Titans talking Haynesworth

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—The Washington Redskins and the Tennessee Titans are in discussions about a trade of disgruntled defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth(notes), people with knowledge of the negotiations told The Associated Press.

The people spoke to the AP Tuesday on condition of anonymity because the talks are confidential.

Washington signed Haynesworth to a $100 million contract in 2009 as a free agent, and the tackle accepted a $21 million bonus in April. It’s been a nonstop battle of wills between Redskins coach Mike Shanahan and Haynesworth since then.

The Titans declined to comment, and the Redskins did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

ESPN first reported the teams were discussing a possible Haynesworth deal.

Shanahan was hired in January, and Haynesworth did not participate in the team’s offseason program while lobbying for a trade because he didn’t want to play nose tackle in the new 3-4 defense. Shanahan gave Haynesworth a chance to leave, but the tackle stayed and accepted the bonus in his contract.

Haynesworth skipped a mandatory minicamp and was fined. In training camp, Shanahan required Haynesworth to pass a conditioning test before practicing, which Haynesworth didn’t do until the 10th day of camp. The tackle seemed to be accepting his role in the 3-4 defense by the third preseason game.

Then Shanahan made Haynesworth play almost the entire game Thursday in the preseason finale against Arizona when the regular starters had the night off. Haynesworth played 49 of 55 snaps and was on the field in the final minutes.

His status for Sunday night’s opener against Dallas has been in question with Shanahan saying only that he will play the best players ready to play.

The Titans have missed Haynesworth’s presence in the middle of their line, slumping to 31 sacks without him helping collapse offensive lines. He managed only four sacks with the Redskins himself, a big dip from his 8 1/2 sacks in 2008 with Tennessee.

And the Titans know him well, having drafted Haynesworth in the first round in 2002. They used the franchise tag to keep Haynesworth in 2008 to help keep him focused, and the deal they eventually offered in 2009 was nowhere near what he got from Washington in the first hours of free agency.

The former University of Tennessee lineman has 28 career sacks and six forced fumbles in his first eight NFL seasons.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Aq9S5MqJoHI9F_sHuL4TXstDubYF?slug=ap-redskins-titans-haynesworth

Aug 9, 2006
hes one of the best when on the field, but he doesnt play a little more then half the defense of snaps during a "healthy game"....

hes always been a prima-dona bitch and the titans DONT need him (titans d-line is young and BEASTLY)....but if they can get him for less then what they had in mind during the draft (2nd round pick) and already payed more then half his salary, id happy cheer for this fat, lazy piece of shit for a season or two...he would solidify the rotation as the absolute best in the league IMO....

we will see wasup...