Have yall seen this

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
I used to look at that little page every once and awhile, then I quit cause it got old.....

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
Hmmm...

I think barely any of the Northwest Cats deserve Summer Jam... try to get on the actual station before you try to share a stage with 50 and Luda... cats here really ain't even on their level. It's not politics, it's the truth. Local artists rarely sell out small local venues, I doubt most of you could pay KUBE what it would really be worth for you to get up on Summer Jam. Seriously, you have to earn that... that's why you all can't just perform.

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
Hmmm...

Maybe it is politics, but in politics you need the vote of the majority to do things, so until local cats can garner the majority's support, they don't deserve to play in front of them. Seriously, I know about clear channel, I know the indictments and the fact that Colin Powell's lil' boy doesn't wanna break down the monopoly they have (prolly a big stock loss or something). I know a lot of cats in the northwest have the talent to perform in front of the people, but they haven't earned it yet. Seriously, even though I'd rather listen to just about anybody over Tyrese, he deserves to be there 'cause he's got the majority's ear. Don't just TALK about them LETTING local cats perform, TAKE the initiative. This Twista show, that's initiative. X-104.5 sees this initiative, they're breaking through with the locals. A lot of cats are puttin' in work out there, hard work. This isn't meant to take anything away from them. I just don't "Wonder why we can't all perform at Summer jam". If you wanna be a part of commercial rap, you have to adapt to the commercial rap rules, or be in a position to make your own rules. No disrespect to anybody, just the respect that cats that are there are there for a good reason.

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
Re: Hmmm...

Fridge said:
If you wanna be a part of commercial rap, you have to adapt to the commercial rap rules, or be in a position to make your own rules.
Exactly.....in other words....you have to play THEIR game. And until you LEARN the game.....none of us is gonna get anywhere. Most people are very naive about commercial radio and how it works......it's a JOKE and it's all staged. I was naive too until about a year and a half ago when we were gettin' Byrdie into rotation on KUBE. Tony B showed me alot of shit and educated me to what REALLY goes on there.

Even the request line is a joke.......if you have EVER called KUBE and requested a song then you're an idiot. They have a "playlist" printed out everyday......and that's what they HAVE TO play. They don't deviate from that plan to play your favorite song for you.....they record YOU requesting it......and when it's time for them to play that particular song....THEN they play you asking for it. What a joke.

And there are many different angles to politics. What I mean is.....it's mostly about WHO you know and who can get you to the person that can get your songs on the air - the Program Director.

Also......FUCK Clear Channel......Nazi bastards!

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
Okay...

mo-x said:
Would someone care to educate me on the history of Clear Channel?
Here is what I think I know about Clear Channel.

About 2 years ago, they owned around 50 international radio stations.. Now they own like 240 international Radio Stations and over 1,200 stations inthe us... not to mention 37 Televesion Stations too. There's an FCC Ban that limits the number of media outlets one company can own in certain markets. Clear Channel is pushing the limit in most markets. The head of the FCC, Michael Powell, Collin Powell's baby boy is rallying hard for the ban to be lifted. Supposedly, Clear Channel has ties with President Bush and was behind the Majority of pro-war campaigns held in the us. It's really there to cover our eyes of the truth, 'cause some dirty shit is going down in the world today.

Anyway, about 2 years ago, when Byrdie had Poetic Epidemic and Unexpected Arrival put out his first shits, Kube was not owned by Clear Channel, but Clear Channel was in the works of purchasing it. I don't know how many of you remember hte Summer of Take Control, but that song was hot getting all the way up to the #1 requested song at the Heavy 7 at 7. That's really amazing for a local song to do. Then Clear Channel bought out Kube and the song basically went from 40 spins a week, to about Dick all with in a matter of days.

Clear Channel's Kube is about Top 40 music. If you aren't in the Top 40, you'd better be named T-Man to see airtime. Clear Channel is really in control of our Media, they own all the Billboards you see driving down the road. Those whack ass California Cheese ads are brought to you by the same people who bring you 500+ Fifty Cent spins a week.

They own more than just Kube, they own KJR, KJR AM, Funky Monkey and Fox Sports Radio too. They own KVOS-TV up in Bellingham and they are looking to gain more if this ban is lifted, which it looks like it may be due to their strong ties to the Republican Monopoly of Government.

Anyway, I agree Clear Channel is whack, even the people who run Kube think so, from what I hear. But that's their paycheck and they are under strict regulation now. As far as Summer Jam goes, people go out there for the stars. The people they listen to on the Radio. That can't be local artists at this point, so why even want to open at SummerJam. I'd rather perform in front of 50 people who came to see me, than 50,000 people who are waiting to see Fifty Cent. That's just me though.

Oct 8, 2002
www.eastsideriderz.com
They own countless stations all through the NW and ofcourse into other regions as well. They are in Portland, Seattle, Yakima, Tri Cities Boise...etc...

Most of these stations have lost the ability to even add a new artist....

However I will say this, a lot of people got this shit fucked up...Radio is a business that lives of advertising....Name a NW artist that can attract advertisers to the station...Meaning if they play your song, will that make people spend big money with the station...PROBABLY NOT... Shit how many artists really advertise with a KUBE or JAMMIN station...How many INDY NW labels have even adveertised with a radio station...

JUS FAMILY has, I did once... I'm sure there are more, but my point is that there is very few that have or do...and the ones that have have spent how much money? Cuz majopr labels is dropping 20,000 with clear channel.... It is all politics, and money....

On the flip side, downing radio stations isn't gonna get your shit played, infact most likly it will be the reason you don't get played... You can't talk bad aboput a station and then hope to get spins...

The TODD G & BOSKO song "IF YOU KNOW LIKE I KNOW" is getting spins on Sunday every week, and they started playing it on Saturdays to, which is actually real cool, but getting 10 spins a week, compared to 2 or 3 is a big difference...the shit is hard as fuck when you never have the budget you really need...

Aug 27, 2002
www.felonyhits.com
Tha truth

Bullet said:
They own countless stations all through the NW and ofcourse into other regions as well. They are in Portland, Seattle, Yakima, Tri Cities Boise...etc...

Most of these stations have lost the ability to even add a new artist....

However I will say this, a lot of people got this shit fucked up...Radio is a business that lives of advertising....Name a NW artist that can attract advertisers to the station...Meaning if they play your song, will that make people spend big money with the station...PROBABLY NOT... Shit how many artists really advertise with a KUBE or JAMMIN station...How many INDY NW labels have even adveertised with a radio station...

JUS FAMILY has, I did once... I'm sure there are more, but my point is that there is very few that have or do...and the ones that have have spent how much money? Cuz majopr labels is dropping 20,000 with clear channel.... It is all politics, and money....

On the flip side, downing radio stations isn't gonna get your shit played, infact most likly it will be the reason you don't get played... You can't talk bad aboput a station and then hope to get spins...

The TODD G & BOSKO song "IF YOU KNOW LIKE I KNOW" is getting spins on Sunday every week, and they started playing it on Saturdays to, which is actually real cool, but getting 10 spins a week, compared to 2 or 3 is a big difference...the shit is hard as fuck when you never have the budget you really need...
This is true talk..

Mar 25, 2003
www.myspace.com
kube 93 and everyother commercial radio station will put ur music on their station if u break bread with them in other words if i buy one of their silly fuckin tables at summer jam for 800 dollars or however much they charge then i bet they will play some music from my dvds, what radio stations are doing these days is basically another form of what was illegalized in the 70s its called payola but they get away with it cuz they can

Nov 7, 2003
www.myspace.com
blahhhhhhhhhhh blahhhhhhhhhh... I JUST WANT TO GET MY SHIT TO THE PEOPLE MYSELF, FUCK WAITING ON A STATION OF FAKE DJ'S WITH OUT NO TURN TABLES TO PLAY MY SHIT........ GET OUT THERE AND GET YOUR GRIND OWN. I ONLY CARE IF THE BITCH AT THE BANK KNOW'S MY NAME REAL GOOD, AND I AINT GOING TO LET KUBE BE THE REASON I WORK MY ASS OFF IN THE STUDIO AND STILL BE BROKE..... DONT CRY MAKE THEM COME TO YOU