Gouken in Street Fighter IV

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 11, 2002
yes they are..... I think the initial misinterpretation took place when RYU's victory quote was mistaken. People were tricked into thinking that Sheng Long was an actual person when all reality he was referring to the name of his dragon punch.

Feb 7, 2006
yes they are..... I think the initial misinterpretation took place when RYU's victory quote was mistaken. People were tricked into thinking that Sheng Long was an actual person when all reality he was referring to the name of his dragon punch.
Did you even look at the link the link I put explains that they are not the same person Gouken is Ken and Ryus master. Shen Long is a fake april fools ad from EGM MAGAZINE that had people believeing he was a real character. The link I have posted even has the fake screen shots of Shen long. They are not the same your wrong.

Dec 4, 2004
this is the part of the story that confuses me:

Sheng Long (eventhough he never existed) had a big influence on the character Gouki (aka Akuma in the Western World).