Ganksta NIP-South Park Psyco

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

wino

Sicc OG
Jan 4, 2004
Anyone heard this? One of the hardest albums to ever come out. Not many people mention it anymore (came out in 92) but one of my alltime favorites. Too bad NIP became wack over the years.

dawun

Sicc OG
Oct 10, 2002
Yes one of the hardest and best albums of all time, Every track is sick. People don't realize the qaulity of that album compared to others for '92 but hey it was Rap-A-Lot so shouldn't be suprised. I can't even think of many albums over the years that come harder. All the beats were tight too. That is were I got my first introduction to K-Rino, Point Blank, Dope E and the SPC as well as Seagram. According to Nip later album it sold over 500,000 copies don't know if true, but it deserved to. His next two albums were okay and after that he went down hill. I aint into that Psyche shit really, but still love the rest of the SPC shit out now. Anybody who never heard the whole album should cop it. There was nothing like it at its time it was a first, not even Esham was touchin that.

wino

Sicc OG
Jan 4, 2004
dawun said:
Yes one of the hardest and best albums of all time, Every track is sick. People don't realize the qaulity of that album compared to others for '92 but hey it was Rap-A-Lot so shouldn't be suprised. I can't even think of many albums over the years that come harder. All the beats were tight too. That is were I got my first introduction to K-Rino, Point Blank, Dope E and the SPC as well as Seagram. According to Nip later album it sold over 500,000 copies don't know if true, but it deserved to. His next two albums were okay and after that he went down hill. I aint into that Psyche shit really, but still love the rest of the SPC shit out now. Anybody who never heard the whole album should cop it. There was nothing like it at its time it was a first, not even Esham was touchin that.
That pretty much sums it up. In my alltime top 10. I don't think any album has ever come as ruthless and unforgiving as this. NIP crossed a line with this one (especially for 92). Every fuckin track was insane. That was my first taste of Seagram too (Action Speaks Louder Than Words with Scarface and Willie D). And true, even Esham wasn't touchin this back then. If anyone doesn't know, he used to write for Bushwick Bill, and he actually wrote Chucky. Psycic Thoughts, his second release, was still hard as fuck, but then NIP fell off.

Feb 5, 2005
Most people who hear this album have a hard time getting over the beats, because they're so old school. The album is demo quality recording wise. But lyrically it's fucking incredible. Horror movie rap is a classic...fuck it every track is classic. His flow was vicious too. "Fuckin wit a pyscho" stands the test of time too.

I listen to "Interview with a Killa" and wonder exactly what the fuck happened to him sometimes.

Aug 9, 2002
^^^more then likely you wont end up like'n them albums...cuz he fell off hard like a mutha!...this "south park psyco" album is tha only one I was feel'n...I remmember my older brother always listening to this album & the geto boys aaaaaaaall tha time...I never really got into tha whole album but when i got older then I was feel'n it all tha way...

dawun

Sicc OG
Oct 10, 2002
Apathy said:
Most people who hear this album have a hard time getting over the beats, because they're so old school. The album is demo quality recording wise. But lyrically it's fucking incredible. Horror movie rap is a classic...fuck it every track is classic. His flow was vicious too. "Fuckin wit a pyscho" stands the test of time too.

I listen to "Interview with a Killa" and wonder exactly what the fuck happened to him sometimes.
I don't know about Demo Quality. This shit sounded top notch quality at that time and and had good ass beats that banged hella hard in the trunk with dope ass lyrics. Shit Dope E and Bido produced that shit. Dope E was responsible for a lot of the early good Rap-A-Lot production. Those beats don't sound old school to me really. There's people today that have beats that don't even come close. I like all the chords and synths in the tracks, it has a lot of melody. LIke in the Black Godfather.

Oct 14, 2004
214Thug said:
^^^more then likely you wont end up like'n them albums...cuz he fell off hard like a mutha!...this "south park psyco" album is tha only one I was feel'n...I remmember my older brother always listening to this album & the geto boys aaaaaaaall tha time...I never really got into tha whole album but when i got older then I was feel'n it all tha way...

I liked Psychic Thoughts better myself. Did you like that one? Trance was hard and so was Fuck you.