gangsta rap shallow?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
i mean you listen to enough of a cd when all they talk about is killing sumone or pulling the trigger.

some sound better than others but it's the same point most of the time.

you think it's shallow?can you name artists that sound like that?

oh it don't have to be gangsta rappers either whut about the bling bling type rap?

who is above all that i mentioned who talks about more than that?

Aug 16, 2002
not all rappers talk about killing and shit but i feel you it gets a little old!! I listen to everything from Bob Marley to the Jacka so you just gotta open your range in music! but if you think about it the west is just to grimy for some they kick that real shit!

I am stuck on that Jacka album cause he gots a wide range of subjects on that album! and its not all that mobbed out beats and shit him and hustlah should drop a callabo they bot got the smooth ass delivery!! also that CCH album them cats was raw casuse they wasnt to thugged out and they never brag bout what they got!! those are just two albums i knock that dont have alot to do with killin and bling bling!!

GOTTI

May 2, 2002
yea gangsta rap is shallow. but I dont listen to it for the profound, enlightening lyrics. I listen to it cuz its entertaining and enjoyable to listen to.

I listen to other shit though. My musical preference has a wide horizon.

May 7, 2002
Well Satate. Music should be able to fit whateer mood your in. Thats what makes an album great. It can touch you when you wanna fight, roll, dance, choke, or get sum........

My 2C

Psycho Logic said:
yea gangsta rap is shallow. but I dont listen to it for the profound, enlightening lyrics. I listen to it cuz its entertaining and enjoyable to listen to.

I listen to other shit though. My musical preference has a wide horizon.

Apr 25, 2002
yea thats whut i'm talking about.it's like i buy alot of gangsta rap.but then i like to listen to whut other people are listening to that go the whole range of music and i find it easier to just sit back and listen to whut their music is saying.it may be soothing and relaxing,thought provoking and a whole lot of things and then i go back and listen to whut i buy and it don't hold up to all those qualitys other music has to offer.

don't get me wrong the lifestyle in gangsta rap i can relate to thats why i can listen to it.

but maybe i'm saying it can get deeper or touch on more things to talk about instead of i kill you,i'm selling dope shit like that.

i know all the music i buy is'nt like that.i listen to artists for different reasons.

i'm talking about my music now but when i get into whut my brother listens to or sumthing my cousin listens too it's always refreshing to hear because they're saying sumthing diffrent.

i wanna hear sumthing other than the kill you this way or kill you that way and with this and that type gun.

whutever message their trying to get across if they do it creatively and with style thats cool whutever they are talking about.

May 21, 2002
I listen to gangsta rap, cause of its negativity, hatred and nihilism.

i wanna hear more violence, more dope sellin, more cop killa shit,

i dont crave to hear anything deeper, i crave to hear shit thats sicker.