Gang Wars "Sactown Bloods vs. Sactown Crips"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Premo

Face Scrunched Lookn Rude
Aug 1, 2004
NASWIPP. A subdivision of IKSRTFO
crip steppin is slap

big blue wreccin crew

the whole thing knocks to me

that old school sound was preserved for better or for worse i enjoyed what u did with it , alotta my potnas didnt like it

i trust first degrees ear tho so imma keep slappin

Nov 14, 2005
www.Siccness.Net
Mr The DE said:
I grew up with the bloods and have made hits with the crips. "Gang Wars" has no bias.

First off, when Lynch, Mr Doc, and C Bo were "Seasonin'", "Setrippin'", and "Chamberin'", I was workin in the heart of 29th St (Florin Meadows) tutorin maf and runnin gang prevention programs, as a teenager. I have done the same in G Parkway and Burbank High School. I have been active in the South Sac community for 10 years.

The Purpose of "Gang Wars" is a 6 mouf gang truce in the Sac Valley. When deciding how to present this message, I thought, "What if I gathered up 16 people that have real life gang influence, let then do their thing to tight DE and Beta beats, then deliver The Purpose?" I realized this was the best way to get the attention of the Sac gang bang community. If I released an album with "rappers who are not gang affiliated to spread this message, to show kids that there is another way?", my target audience for this would throw it out the window.

There have been 15 gang related murders in the Sac Valley in 2005. The goal of "GW" is to decrease that number to 0 threw July 19 to Jan 2006, after the Hmong New Years Festival. No matter what the media and public think of this album, it is sure to cause discussion.

Also, I wanted a way to provide needed monies to underfunded, gang prevention programs that have been overlooked by Arnie and Nunez. I promised God and the Sac community that America's facination with gangs would lead to positive results for Sac inner city youth.

Good art reflects reality. If there wasnt a real gang war in Sac right now, there would be no "Gang Wars" album.

I look forward to your reviews.
REAL TALK :siccness: I love this album. The beats gave it a real authentic feel. And the rappers are REAL gang members not posers. Great job D.E. :siccness: :siccness: :siccness: