FL STUDIO CRACKLE?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 5, 2004
why does my shyt crackle alota times when im makin beats, im using fruity loops producer xl 6 , its a cracked version tho, im thinking it might because im using to many efx cuz it happens when i use alota efx, or maybe the vsti"s?

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
its cuz ur computer isn't up to par...yes u are using too many efx....or also it could be the buffer setting, fuck with that lil bit, if not get more ram..but actually u'd need more processing power to work those active fx...and u can also turn off ones that you don't need.

Apr 26, 2006
More often than not it's the "Buffer" setting. Your buffer setting is probably a bit too low. Go to "Options," then "Audio Settings." Try moving the slider up to the right until you don't hear anymore crackling. Like Carnage187 was also saying, it could also be because your CPU power and Ram ain't up to par with the amount of FX or samples your trying to use.

Another thing, "ASIO" driver is a must and it helps achieve lower Buffer settings for lower latency, thus getting quicker response from your synthesizer, fx plugins in realtime and overall just better, cleaner sound when playing back inside FL Studio. The lower buffer setting you can get without crackling playback, the better.

Download this program "ASIO4ALL" off this site ( http://www.asio4all.com/ ), install it, then go to the "Audio Settings" of FL Studio and then under the "Output" section, selct "ASIO4ALL v2" from the little dropdown menu.

Then now go hear your song and see if it still crackles. If so, go back to that audio settings, then under the "ASIO properties" section, click on that box that saids "Show ASIO panel," then once that ASIO program pops up, move the slider more to the right little by little until all the crackling is gone. That should definitely help. :cool:

Apr 5, 2004
BOOBOO619 said:
More often than not it's the "Buffer" setting. Your buffer setting is probably a bit too low. Go to "Options," then "Audio Settings." Try moving the slider up to the right until you don't hear anymore crackling. Like Carnage187 was also saying, it could also be because your CPU power and Ram ain't up to par with the amount of FX or samples your trying to use.

Another thing, "ASIO" driver is a must and it helps achieve lower Buffer settings for lower latency, thus getting quicker response from your synthesizer, fx plugins in realtime and overall just better, cleaner sound when playing back inside FL Studio. The lower buffer setting you can get without crackling playback, the better.

Download this program "ASIO4ALL" off this site ( http://www.asio4all.com/ ), install it, then go to the "Audio Settings" of FL Studio and then under the "Output" section, selct "ASIO4ALL v2" from the little dropdown menu.

Then now go hear your song and see if it still crackles. If so, go back to that audio settings, then under the "ASIO properties" section, click on that box that saids "Show ASIO panel," then once that ASIO program pops up, move the slider more to the right little by little until all the crackling is gone. That should definitely help. :cool:

THANKS MAYN THAT WAS ALOT OF HELP, took care of it perfectly, but wit the ASIO what folder should i install it into? i went into the image line folder, found the FL 6 Folder, but i dont noe which folder to install it into so that i can find it in the drop down menu in audio settings

Apr 26, 2006
shizzniddel V.S said:
THANKS MAYN THAT WAS ALOT OF HELP, took care of it perfectly, but wit the ASIO what folder should i install it into? i went into the image line folder, found the FL 6 Folder, but i dont noe which folder to install it into so that i can find it in the drop down menu in audio settings
You don't have to install it to any specific folder. Just use the default install paths to install it. The default path is "C:\Program Files\ASIO4ALL v2\" So just keep clicking "Next, Next,.." to install. It's considered an audio "driver" so no matter where it's installed to, any audio program that can support ASIO drivers, you'll be able to find it and select it.

On the other hand, "VST" plugins must be installed to a specific location for FL Studio to find, but that's a whole other thing. ASIO ain't a plugin, it's more of a system file since it's a driver.

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
i gotta try that asio for all thing...i currently have a onboard soundcard...dont no it will work...but doesnt hurt to try does it! I use sonar, and monitoring is pretty bad even tho my comp is good (1 gig ram, athlon 3700) So ill try that driver, thanks.