Exclusive Joe Hound interview

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 20, 2007
www.dashadyspot.com
We recently had the chance to talk to Joe Hound who's the lead artist on Cool & Dre's label Epidemic. We're talking about his upcoming album Misery Loves Company, the Miami rap scene, Joe Hound TV, and much more.

Interview conducted by www.hiphopdefined.com.

What's up, Joe.. How's life treatening you these days?

Life is good right now. Just working trying to get the single to 8 million spins if that's possible.

So what's the rap scene like in Miami?

It's crazy. Lots of good artists coming out the M.I: Yayo, you got myself, C-Ride, Dirtbag, Rick-Ross, Desslock-Flo-Rida, Brisco, just to name a few so Dade County gone be a problem in a minute.

When did you first get into rapping?

'Bout 96 but didn't take it serious until 98-99 but I was always a fan of hip hop and all type of music so you can say I been rapping all my life.

And about when did you feel like "damn, I'm good at this, this is what I'll work with"?

About 99. I was like I need to really concentrate on this or hustle or get a job. And a 9 to 5 was out of the question so it was down to two things so I test my luck with the music.

You're currently signed to Cool & Dre's label Epidemic. When did you first meet up with those guys?

We actually went to school together then we link up after high school and they was doing the music so it was just a good fit.

What's it like to be the lead artist on the label, do you feel a lot of pressure to succeed?

It has it good and it has it bad but all in all i love it cause it give me an opportunity to go out and show what am capable of. But it will be mistakes made along the way so you have to take the bitter and the sweet. As far as pressure, we all have pressure when it come to success because you alway have to deliver no matter what and am use to that so I welcome it.

You've got your album, Misery Loves Company, coming soon. What can you tell us about it?

It's a great album. If u trying to vibe, get yo swagger right Misery Loves Company is the album for you. There's alot of good records on there, don't be suprise if I gets five mic.

Are Cool & Dre producing the whole thing or have you brought in any outside producers to help with that part?

Cool n Dre did most the work. We brought in two relativity unknown producer but they gave me some hot records.

And those two producers are..

I don't know there names and I don't want to say the wrong name.

Alright.

Who are some of the guest artists that we'll see on the album?

You know the whole Epidemic family bless the album. Dirtbag, C-Ride, Khaled came thru and did his thing, Rick Ross showed love. The album is a problem.

Do you have a release date for it yet?

We looking at January or early February.

Will you be going on a tour after the album has been released?

Hopefully before so I can help sell the album.

You think it will be America only or will you be taking the tour overseas?

Most def. We working on that now. I never been outside of America, that would be a nice experience.

Besides Misery Loves Company, do you have any other projects in the making?

Yeah, am working on a mixtape called Believe The Hype hosted by DJ Khaled. And getting Joe Hound TV off the ground on Youtube and am bout to do a DVD called The All Black Affair where I'll be performing some of the songs on my mixtape and promoting Joe Hound TV taking you through my daily life. It's going to be a problem. I'll throw some mixtape release parties all through south Florida.

Joe Hound TV? That sounds interesting. Please tell us more about that..

Joe Hound TV. I will take my fan on through my daily life in the studio, backstage at my show, what I do on my off day, and all through Miami. Let them see the parts of Miami they don't really see and some other cities when am on the road. We gone start off with my birthday party at Sobe live so it will be on youtube.com/joehoundtv. We going to have you glued trust me.

That sounds cool, I'll check that out.

Who are some of the artists that you would like to work with one day?

Any one who want to work with Joe Hound. No matter who big or small, you never know who will be who in a couple of years.

What can you say to all the kids that are trying to make it in the rap game?

It's a lot of work. Success don't come over night and if you don't believe in what you doing, this is not the game for you.

Sites like Myspace and Youtube must be a huge help to up and coming rappers..

Most def. Any where you can promote your music for free is a good look.

That was the questions I had for you. Is there anything you want to say to those who are reading this?

Misery Loves Company is coming soon. Be on the look out for that. "She Like It" hit single. IT'S A PROBLEM, REQUEST IT ON YOUR LOCAL RADIO STATION. IT'S THE MOVEMENT!

I thank you for taking your time to answer my questions, and I wish you good luck with the album, Misery Loves Company.

Naw, thank you for having me. Anytime you know how to get at me myspace.com/joehound or youtube.com/joehoundtv.

The interview can also be found here.