Ex-Three 6 Mafia Member Says Group Is Black-balling Him!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
In a recent interview with Memphis' Fox News Channel 13, ex-Three 6 Mafia member Koopsta Knicca told a reporter that the Memphis-based group is trying to sabotage his music career.

"I played a big part in getting Memphis on the map," Koopsta Knicca (born Robert Cooper) said. "[Now] I can't get [Memphis radio station] Hot 107.1 to play my songs because of them."

One source, a popular DJ who asked to remain anonymous, told SOHH.com, "My first thoughts are that Koopsta is very bitter. Yet it would not surprise me if [DJ] Paul and Juicy [J] did blackball him. They have a lot of behind-the-scenes influence at urban radio down south that many people aren't aware of."

Koop claims that Three 6 pays certain DJs at Hot 107.1 FM, one of Memphis' most popular Hip-Hop radio stations, not to play his music.

When asked by the reporter about the allegations, Hot 107.1's General Manager Duane Hargrove said Koopsta's accusations are simply farfetched and that DJs don't get to choose who plays what songs and who doesn't.

Koopsta's third solo album release, The Mind of Robert Cooper, will be released November 19 via 40 West Records. His previously released works include 1999's Da Devil's Playground and De Inevitable in 2004.

Three 6 Mafia's label rep could not be reached for comment at press time.

Apr 7, 2005
www.myspace.com
I thought I read somewnere that thery (3-six) were squashin' all beef with Memphis rappers, and was going to put everybody on..,I don't know, but it sounds like sour grapes to me.

Oct 7, 2002
the fact of the matter is don't nobody wanna hear koop except for his die hard fans. all his cd's after hcp imo were garbage and exposed him for the average rapper he is, paul n juice beat's carried that dude. i'm not saying he's wrong maybe they are but highly doubt it......... dude just angry and assed out.

May 4, 2002
www.myspace.com
Sleepy said:
the fact of the matter is don't nobody wanna hear koop except for his die hard fans. all his cd's after hcp imo were garbage and exposed him for the average rapper he is, paul n juice beat's carried that dude. i'm not saying he's wrong maybe they are but highly doubt it......... dude just angry and assed out.

true his "Devil's PLayground" album was classic as fuck... but sheeeeiiiit he wack now.

Jun 23, 2004
Damn T-Rock, Gangsta Pat, Koopsta Knicca, some would say Lord infamous, Three Six doesn't seem to be very loyal to dudes they came up with, but thats the buisness, there is also two sides to every story.