Everyone talkin bout artists sayin the same ol shit... what should they rap about?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
This is sumpin I hear everyone saying..

Folks say people talkin and rappin bout the same ol played out shit... what do suggest people start talkin bout?

To me most artists are like painters... they paint portraits of life experiences in their own way. Some are even able to paint the picture in an unusual and abstrakt sort of way. They bring their own lil twist.

what u think?

4T7

Sicc OG
Jul 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
Life Experiences!!

let em rap about whatever they want....the real will know if it's real....I'm sick of all this Slapstick mainstream shit that's why I joined the F.T.I. .....shit....lol

Dec 27, 2002
www.mybeatshop.com
well.....

If you really creative & smart you can find different ways of keeping people entertained.

Like tech n9ne for example, homeboy right there be rapping 'bout some crazy, syko type of shit.I think he said some shit about the devil or something. and people from what i seen like what he's doing, so that right there be something new. I mean a couple of people have tryed to do things in that direction, but few have been able to do it and make it work.

As far as gangsta music, i mean i like it in all but there's to many people trying to do it. And there's also to many people who ain't really about shit. Some fools that be coming out with wack war storys which you know are fake, know what i mean.I personaly don't like fools like spice 1 (for example), No doubt that he can spit some raps , but how long can you go on about 187 this and 187 that. If you really about your raps and are real, and when i say real i mean down for something & aint no punk. then i think you can find different and new ways to get the consumer to keep buying your CD's.

that's my 2 cents

May 9, 2002
I think if some rappers can, they should get on some straight lyricist shit like Canibus get technical in the rhymes schemes. Flip some crazy shit that makes people go "whoa".

Apr 25, 2002
Re: Everyone talkin bout artists sayin the same ol shit... what should they rap about?

og MS said:
This is sumpin I hear everyone saying..

Folks say people talkin and rappin bout the same ol played out shit... what do suggest people start talkin bout?

To me most artists are like painters... they paint portraits of life experiences in their own way. Some are even able to paint the picture in an unusual and abstrakt sort of way. They bring their own lil twist.

what u think?
Would art get its respect if the painters painted the same picture on every canvas? Would people keep paying to see the same movie over and over again if the only thing that changed was the cast and some minor dialog?

As a fan of music, I'm tired of hearing rappers boast about how hard they are...or atleast they think they are. Or how 'pimpin' they are when all they really are is in violation. Talking about smackin' bitches, blowin' big weed and being drunk all the time isn't entertaining anymore. If you're going to tell the same old boring stories, atleast try to find a new way of telling them. Spice it up a little bit. Rappers need to understand that rap music for most people is merely entertainment.

Write a new script cuz somebody already made Boyz-N-The Hood and Menace II Society.

What should they rap about? I dunno man, that's a good question. Hopefully rappers will start putting some thought into it and come up with a good answer.

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
but nothin recently!!
_________

Central Valley Bad Boyzz & C-Dubb & Ritz dropped about 2 months ago.....

thatz recent...

oh we got some product comin this year.... we movin fast... dont blink ya may miss sumpin ....