Enter The Dragon

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 14, 2004
This is one of my favorite movies of all time. I can watch this over and over and not get tired of it. I have no idea why this movie wasn't in the whole greatest movie contest. I don't even know why I didn't nominate it. But if there were to be another Greatest Movie contest on here, this movie will be my first choice. The movie is good from start to end.

It was the first kung fu film to have been made by a major Hollywood studio and was produced in association with Golden Harvest and Lee's Concord Production Company. The film is largely set in Hong Kong.

Among the stuntmen for the film were members of the Seven Little Fortunes, including Jackie Chan and Sammo Hung. This was arguably instrumental in Chan and Hung's further association with Golden Harvest studios, which later launched their careers. The portly Hung is shown fighting Lee in the opening sequence of the movie.

The finished version of the film was significantly different from the original screenplay drafts as Bruce Lee revised much of the script himself, including having written and directed the film's opening Shaolin Temple fight sequence. Lee wanted to use the film as a vehicle for expressing what he saw as the beauty of his Chinese culture, rather than it being just another action movie.
On-set incidents:

Lee was bitten by a cobra during filming of the scene in which he infiltrates Han's underground lair. Fortunately the snake had been de-venomized prior to Lee handling the snake.

Lee once collapsed in May 1973 during the dubbing of Enter the Dragon.

During the fight scene with Wall, Lee cut himself on glass bottles that were not the sugar glass props normally used in the film industry.

Lee's famous, running thrust kick into Wall's chest at the end of their fight scene broke Wall's sternum, and broke one arm each of two extras, into which Wall was propelled and fell. The rest of the fight (with the glass bottles) was delayed for one month, until Wall had healed well enough to perform the choreography. The kick and fall were scripted and rehearsed, but Lee was unhappy that the kick would not look real on screen. Wall exhorted Lee, "Go for it, man. I'm a professional." The result, on the eighth take, put Wall in hospital. This incident, as well as others, helped give rise to the rumour of an on-set feud between Wall and Lee, and that this feud prompted Lee to fight him for real.

During the making of 'Enter the Dragon', it has been said that Lee had developed a grudge against Wall due to the cut injury he had sustained when Wall had held onto the "real glass" bottle during their fight scene (where O'Hara smashes the bottles). Wall and others deny these allegations however, stating the whole event was blown out of proportion and that it was something instigated by director Robert Clouse.[3]

Additional information:

It is arguably one of the most influential kung-fu films of all time, kick-starting the Kung Fu movie genre in the United States and establishing Bruce Lee as a popular cultural icon.

In October 1973, Enter the Dragon was the number one box office movie in the United States.

The production budget was $850,000 and the filming was completed in less than three months.

In 1977, Enter the Dragon was listed as one of the 20 most profitable movies in the history of cinema.

In Empire magazine's 201 greatest movies of all time, it was ranked number 197.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
one of the best

and Bruce Lee was constantly challenged on the movie set and constantly kicked peoples asses