Easiest way to add subtitles to movie?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 27, 2009
I don't like to watch movies on my computer and I don't have my computer connected to my TV.

I use my PS3 as my DVD player basically. So divx or avi files I prefer.

I always have hundreds of blank DVD's at any given time for a number of reasons, so it's no problem burning a few movies to a disc every now and then.
My friend gave me his old PS3 with a broken blue-ray drive. I just threw the PS3 on the wireless network, installed PS3 Media Server on my PC and watch all my downloads in the living room.

I just need to find out how to do continuous play on a folder. When watching a movie with 2 avi's it always stops in the middle and I have to exit the first file, select the second and hit play.

Still, check out PS3MS if you've got your house networked.

May 27, 2009
This worked for me on the PS3 using PS3 Media Server (no transcoding).
http://www.calcitapp.com/AVIAddXSubs.php

It doesn't re-encode the movie so it only takes a few seconds.

It changes the extension to .divx. When I was testing I kept renaming it back to .avi and testing on the PS3 with no luck. When I kept it as .divx the subtitles worked.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
Putting the srt into the same folder as the avi, naming them the same worked fine for me. Don't have to convert anything. Good shit!

Movie was crazy btw. Nailin testicals, chainsawing fingers off, pulling out intestines...not a movie for everybody.

Jan 25, 2009
Putting the srt into the same folder as the avi, naming them the same worked fine for me. Don't have to convert anything. Good shit!

Movie was crazy btw. Nailin testicals, chainsawing fingers off, pulling out intestines...not a movie for everybody.
this shit is so insane that they banned this in UK :siccness::siccness:

B-San

Sicc OG
Apr 7, 2006
My friend gave me his old PS3 with a broken blue-ray drive. I just threw the PS3 on the wireless network, installed PS3 Media Server on my PC and watch all my downloads in the living room.

I just need to find out how to do continuous play on a folder. When watching a movie with 2 avi's it always stops in the middle and I have to exit the first file, select the second and hit play.

Still, check out PS3MS if you've got your house networked.
There's an option in the PS3 menu that allows for continuous playback; I'll check it out when I get back to the house...

but you might have to use a USB flash drive to copy both of the AVI's from your computer to the PS3 so that this setting takes effect -- I unno...

B-San

Sicc OG
Apr 7, 2006
@Neshani:

Alright this should work

1. Go to 'Settings' > 'Video Settings'

2. Go to last option and set 'Sequential Playback' to On

...it 'sets for sequential playback of multiple items saved on the hard disk or storage media' - meaning my theory might be correct as far as the feature not being available when streaming from your PC...

Enjoy!!