Eagles to cut ties with Westbrook

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4939019

The Philadelphia Eagles announced Tuesday they will release RB Brian Westbrook.

A news conference is scheduled for 3 p.m. ET Tuesday to announce the move.

"Brian is one of the greatest Eagles of all time and he is an even a better person and leader," coach Andy Reid said. "In my mind, there has not been a more versatile running back that the NFL has seen. I had a conversation with Brian this morning to let him know. This is by far the most difficult part of this job. We wanted to make this move in order to maximize Brian's chances of landing with another NFL team."

Westbrook, who has been with the Eagles since 2002, is the franchise's all-time leader in yards (9,785) after being selected in the third round from Villanova.

"Brian Westbrook is one of the most electric players in the history of this franchise and is certainly also one of the most popular," Eagles chairman Jeffrey Lurie said in a statement. "He was personally one of my favorite players to watch each and every Sunday and his playmaking abilities, leadership and values will be missed."

Said team president Joe Banner: "We all know how valuable Brian was as a member of the Philadelphia Eagles and he will certainly go down as one of the greatest Eagles of all time. But what really showed me how special a person Brian is, was watching the way he interacted with my children. That said more to me about Brian than anything else he could have done on the playing field. We will miss him both as a person and as a player."

Oct 23, 2009
Westbrook was a beast when he was healthy but like LT, time just caught up to him.......(waits for someone to mention NE as a possible team)

Stealth

May 8, 2002
His knees and brain are mush.

Sweetest trade of my fantasy football season - Ray Rice for Westbrook, 3 days before his first of two concussions.

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
Running Backs come a dime a dozen in the NFL and that's part of the reason why I say they are overrated. First L.T. and now Westbrook... I don't know why teams waste their time picking up old RB's! I would always go with a young RB on my roster. You can get good RB's deep into the Draft and even walk on's...

Jan 12, 2006
Running Backs come a dime a dozen in the NFL and that's part of the reason why I say they are overrated. First L.T. and now Westbrook... I don't know why teams waste their time picking up old RB's! I would always go with a young RB on my roster. You can get good RB's deep into the Draft and even walk on's...
LOL you think anybody that didnt put on a steeler uniform is overrated.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
agree 100 percent.

thats why elite rb contracts are smaller than oline, qb, wr, db, you name it. they are a dime a dozen.

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
His knees and brain are mush.

Sweetest trade of my fantasy football season - Ray Rice for Westbrook, 3 days before his first of two concussions.
LOL. Fuckin idiot, whoever did that trade. Whyyyyyyyy?? Lol.

Also, ya rb's are a dime a dozen. U can get a good RB in later rounds In the draft. Ofcourse ull find the APs, and LTs but there's so many other great RBs that were drafted in later rounds or weren't even drafted at all.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
LMAO I convinced him that Rice would be sharing time with McClain and McGahee and I told him that Westbrook was the #2 RB in a PPR league. Then we made the trade and Rice did nothing but catch passes all season while Westbrook rode the bench.