EA Sports Locks Out Multiplayer Modes On Used Sales

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 4, 2004
its gonna be $10 for the code plus $ for the DLC
$10 if you buy a used copy. Free if you bought it new.

According to EA Sports' own FAQ about the Online Pass, any online content or gameplay, free or otherwise, is enabled with this code. Used games, however, are likely to be sold by someone who already redeemed the code - and a new one will set you back $10 over Xbox Live or the PlayStation Network.

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
for new games you get the code and for used you gotta pay $10 to get the code if you want to play online and when you pay the $10 if they are giving away free DLC then you get it, but if there not you gotta pay how ever much there charging for the DLC you want

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
so its an extra 10 on every EA sports game pretty much?

this is not good

BUT i would rather buy it used and say fuck you EA.

so buying it new gives me ALL the online for free?

Jan 18, 2006
2-0, gamestop be having good sales sometimes on used games especially if u have the edge card. If u catch the gamefly used games sales u can get games for hella cheap sometimes. I don't buy that many EA games myself not even maddens (finally bought 2009 used couple months ago) but its whatever. u can find deals posted on slickdeals.net and cheapassgames.com

Jan 7, 2004
Sounds like just an excuse to get more money from people. Won't bother ma though, I never play EA sports games online. I have tried Madden online and Fight Night online and I get totoally destroyed. I enjoy doing the career/seasons more than anything anyways.

RB20

Sicc OG
Aug 22, 2003
I can understand WHY they do it, but it is till garbage.

Developers dont see a penny more after the initial sale of a game. So 3 people might buy a copy of Madden 2011, but EA only sees $59.99 once. Meanwhile Gamestop makes billions off used game sales. Thats why they always push used games. Why let someone pay 59.99 for a game and make no profit, when you can convince them to pay $54.99, get another $5 off with your Edge card and still make $20 - $30 profit depending on how new the game is. At least now they get $10 from those othr two people if they want to play online.

But then on the flip side, these same deveopers who cry about used game sales hurting them will turn around and give Gamestop, a used game sales store, pre-order bonuses on new games.

I, like many other posters, don't buy EA games anyway....let alone play them online. However this isnt the first time this has happened. IIRC, Mass Effect 2 has free DLC IF you buy the game new. If you get it used or rent ir or whatever, you have to pay $15 to access the Cerberus network to get the DLC