Dreamworks or Pixar?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Who has better animation Dreamworks or Pixar?

• Dreamworks

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Pixar

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Both

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I can't decide

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Dreamworks for having the balls to make adult oriented jokes in kids movies.

That Pixar shit is light-hearted and fun, but I have a hard time watching their movies more than once, The Incredibles excluded.

Mar 16, 2005
Dreamworks for having the balls to make adult oriented jokes in kids movies.

That Pixar shit is light-hearted and fun, but I have a hard time watching their movies more than once, The Incredibles excluded.
im that way with dreamworks! and i think incredibles is one of pixars worse films, I have never made it through the whole movie. My youngest loves it.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
HAHA We're totally backwards.

IDK man, I just get tired of kids cg animation. Wall-E was visually stunning, but I would only watch it like once a year.

I've been a comic book/superhero nerd since I was real young, so that's where my likeness for The Incredibles comes from. That, and my family reminded of me through Mr. Incredible's inability to fit in a car makes me laugh.

Monsters vs. Aliens was really well written, IMO. The line that says basically "Does anybody know if the earth's getting hotter? That would be a convenient truth" I think was masterful writing, but it's all relative to opinion.

I didn't like Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs because the movie made me dislike a lot of food with it falling from the sky and shit. It was too much for me.

And How to Train Your Dragon was a really awesome film with great voice acting and a really cool story.

I've also been a Norse mythology fan since I was a kid, too, so there's probably obvious influence from that.

Mar 16, 2005
HAHA We're totally backwards.

IDK man, I just get tired of kids cg animation. Wall-E was visually stunning, but I would only watch it like once a year.

I've been a comic book/superhero nerd since I was real young, so that's where my likeness for The Incredibles comes from. That, and my family reminded of me through Mr. Incredible's inability to fit in a car makes me laugh.

Monsters vs. Aliens was really well written, IMO. The line that says basically "Does anybody know if the earth's getting hotter? That would be a convenient truth" I think was masterful writing, but it's all relative to opinion.

I didn't like Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs because the movie made me dislike a lot of food with it falling from the sky and shit. It was too much for me.

And How to Train Your Dragon was a really awesome film with great voice acting and a really cool story.

I've also been a Norse mythology fan since I was a kid, too, so there's probably obvious influence from that.
i hated wall-e the first time I watched it in theater (my wife and kids loved and thought I was crazy), so I watched it again when my kids got the dvd, and i really like it now.

I do like MvA much better than shrek's, I still havent watched cloudy or how to train a dragon.

But I loved everything about up, as well as toy story 1 much more then say MvA thats why I chose Pixar

Mar 16, 2005
toy storys beat shreks
bugs life beats antz
nemo beats shark tale
ratatouille beats madagascar
cars beats kung fu panda
monsters inc beats over the hedge

i will give MvA over wall-e though

flushed away was a waste of time, etc I dont know maybe just me but i enjoy pixar much better expecially going film vs film

if I was to say monsters inc vs MvA pixar probably wins for me again though and then wall-e would beat over the hedge

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Well, The most recent Dreamworks films have been much better than their earlier ones.

I watched only a part of Shark Tale and turned it off.

I suffered through Flushed Away.

I think Kung Fu Panda is one of my favorite animated features ever.

Antz was terrible, but it had all the right components to be great. It was just too early in Dreamworks CG studios for it to be really good.

Monsters, Inc. is often quoted in my household. I have a friend named Matt Zukowski and my family always says his name like Boo says Mike Wazowski.

Madagascar makes me want to pull my hair. LOL

Ratatouille is a really awesome movie, and I like how it covers food and the passion behind cooking.

I haven't watched the Toy Story movies in a long time, but I never find myself ever wanting to watch them.

I love the Shrek movies, but I'm a Mike Myers and Eddie Murphy mark.

I really dug Cars the first 30 times I watched it, now not so much. Micheal Keaton and Richard Petty's voice acting is about all I enjoy from that movie now.

And I cried with laughter at Over the Hedge. That shit was really funny to me.

I really enjoyed A Bug's Life, and the area of the Animal Kingdom that they built for it.

Finding Nemo was funny, but I burnt out on it, too.

Elemenno

F.W.A.H.R.L.D.
Feb 28, 2009
Pixar. On the technical side they're way more superior and their stories have more depth to them. Also, Wall-E is one of my favorite movies, everything about that film is impressive.