dre bly to be a titan?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 9, 2006
Lions’ Bly looking to change teams; Titans an option
By Terry McCormick, [email protected]
February 15, 2007

Another top cornerback is now available if the price is right.

Detroit Lions cornerback Dre’ Bly has asked the team to trade him, and the club has granted him and his agent Kennard McGuire the right to negotiate with other clubs.

The Tennessee Titans are likely in the market for another cornerback to play opposite Adam “Pacman” Jones, and Bly, who is regarded primarily as a man-to-man cover corner would be a good fit in Tennessee, says McGuire.

New England’s Asante Samuel and Buffalo’s Nate Clements are regarded as the top free agents on the market, but their price tag would be considerably higher than Bly, who is scheduled to make $4.2 million in 2007, the final year of his current deal with the Lions.

“I think he would be a perfect fit in Tennessee,” McGuire said. “They have a great young corner over on the other side, and I think Dre’ would be a great complement to him and a good influence.”

Titans coach Jeff Fisher could not be reached for comment Wednesday night.

McGuire said he will contact every team in the league as he shops for a new home for Bly, and that the Titans and new general manager Mike Reinfeldt can probably expect a call within a few days.

Bly, who turns 30 in May, was originally a second-round choice of the St. Louis Rams and played nickelback on the Rams’ 1999 Super Bowl team that defeated the Titans. He signed as a free agent with the Lions in 2003.

Bly has 33 career interceptions and has had three seasons with six pickoffs, most recently in 2005. He had three interceptions last season.

he comes like -3mill cheaper a year then asante and nate.....fuck it ill take him.....if his agent thinks he will liek it hear that would be coo.....since they NEED a RB (kevin jones out all next year or most of it) we should re-sign chirs brown with no signing bonus and trade em accross......:cool: :cool: :cool:

May 2, 2002
He'll be that much cheaper cause he's gonna be 30 when the season starts.

And Bly is a former Pro Bowler...I don't see them trading him for Chris Brown.

Aug 9, 2006
lol dont hate on my hopes and dreams....we wont re-sign CB anyways.....were going to have to give up a pick.....3rd possibly and our extra fourth? nothing higher then that....we need a CB but i dont see them re-working our team for it...

Aug 9, 2006
gimpypimp said:

we only need him for a 1-2 year fix.......we have courtland finnegan.....he showed promise as the rookie nik cb.....we just need a vetran.....our defense is the youngest in the leauge.....our ownly real vet is bulluck......we need another vet because our d is really fast and athletic but dotn have the "knowlege" of the game yet.....

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
gimpypimp said:

And Bly is a former Pro Bowler...I don't see them trading him for Chris Brown.
why not? kevin jones supposedly might not come back for the lions, and tennessee already has plans for using travis henry with lendale white spelling him.

Aug 9, 2006
it was just kinda of a hope and dream...i dont see us signing then trading i mean i guess it could happen but i dunno....that would be coo though.....what are yall thoughts on dre? do you think he is totally done...he is not going to be like a long term thing like i said we got young corners he needs to mentor for a couple years while they mature.....

Jan 2, 2004
Kevin Jones is supposed to be back for the end of preseason.. And the Lions will probably drafting Peterson, so I doubt they'll want Chris Brown..

I'm thinking they'll want a second round pick for him or something like that.

He got burnt a lot last season, and had his worst season in a long time, but that's because of the Cover 2 Defense, and he hates it.. So teams with the cover 2 are probably out of the question. He can't play zone, he's a man to man guy.

Aug 9, 2006
sorta forgot about this thread......on the lions message board they said if they dont get anything for bly as in no one wants to trade for him he will be cut....not certain on the facts behind that but just thoughts in that community.....hmm