Don't Quote me...but here are Flip's #'s

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
kev ski said:

ONE THING THAT I THINK ALOT OF POEPLE MISS IS THAT THE BAY AREA REALLY HAS ABOUT FIVE DIFFERENT SOUNDS, VALLEJO MOB,OAKLAND FUNK, THE FRISCO SOUND,HIP HOP, AND THE SAC SOUND WHICH IS LIKE BAY MUSIC BUT IS ALOT DARKER,
To the contrary I think that's always been our STRENGTH...

May 13, 2002
maybe so but to most consumers out side the bay i think its kind of confusing. i like the fact that its different,but man if the bay is to come back then its with a sound and not one or two artist thats gonna do it, got 40 got short got yuck got asia and a few others most of these are established artist that gonna do good regardless of where there from,

the majors are looking for music that they can sell to the masses men women and kids cuzz the market is so open, thank hammer and a few others for that like nelly, like'm or not they make money for the big companys and most people like it

i see a few acts getting picked up soon but i doubt if many people know who they are.

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
@the fans,not the arti$t$

Alot of you fans are gonna be pissed when the Bay actually does do MAJOR things.What I'm saying is.....when people take to west coast style or slang....yall cry the blues....oh,so and so was C-Walkin.....so and so,was hollerin fo sheezy.Your not as ready for the Bay to go mainstream as you think.Things get watered down easily....artists change.What you have know are artist breakin there neck to scan 5,000 copies.What's gonna happen to the music if their gaurenteed 150,000+?

Enjoy the music now if your a fan.Things may get worse.....
Like the saying...be careful what you wish for! I mean,we all want the hard workers to get there just due.....but look at it from every angle.

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
Re: @the fans,not the arti$t$

BAMMER said:
Alot of you fans are gonna be pissed when the Bay actually does do MAJOR things.What I'm saying is.....when people take to west coast style or slang....yall cry the blues....oh,so and so was C-Walkin.....so and so,was hollerin fo sheezy.Your not as ready for the Bay to go mainstream as you think.Things get watered down easily....artists change.What you have know are artist breakin there neck to scan 5,000 copies.What's gonna happen to the music if their gaurenteed 150,000+?

Enjoy the music now if your a fan.Things may get worse.....
Like the saying...be careful what you wish for! I mean,we all want the hard workers to get there just due.....but look at it from every angle.
TRUE AS A FAN I WANNA SEE THESE ARTISTS GET WHAT THEY DESERVE BUT AS YOU SAID SOME MIGHT CHANGE UP TOO SELL MORE. SO FROM MY ANGLE IM FINE WHERE IT IS RIGHT CUZ IM NOT MAKING ANY MONEY IF SO AND SO GOES GOLD OR PLATINUM BUT WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM GET WHAT THEY DESERVE.

Apr 26, 2002
G-MUSIC.NET
WELL

i think bay area artist will go major when there really ready to play the majors game.the major aint finda push no im on gold ones and i sell dope and you can see me at the lake spinning my wheels........lol

they want shit that the whole game can feel.....lil flip he talk about ballin the east,west,midwest,downsouth all know what ballin is....cats down south ride slow they aint trying to spin they wheels at a side show and they aint finda go pick up a tape that talks about shit the dont know anything about.

cats gotta come with some new shit not the same ol same
im a killa bang bang bang see my get sidways ass raps.
you gotta have something for errrrr body in the game...

real talk........
might not like it but at least you read it

one

Jun 28, 2002
Bammer you made some good points but dig this...

I my mind it can't get know worse artist are changing now to sell records, because nobody is fuckin wit them when they spit that real shit...

So now you got bay Kats going commercial like a muthafucka and what not...

If we all kept it true to our hearts like rappers did in the past i promise the bay would blow again...

B-12 = whether the industry around it fell or not and I know you feel that..

We gotta work again hustle again hit the streets again...

Shit I try and do business at 8 am but you can't out hear ya know why cause the muthafuckas you want to do business with are asleep(LOL) or aint in the office til noon thats why we are having troubles its work ethic..

Shit then it makes niggas like me be like well its a waste of tim eto get up early and the pattern continues..

Just my 38 cents...

P.S

Theres alot more deeper shit to it but I'll just leave it at this for now.

Tre-8

itz some big spit goin on on this post. this is exactly the reason that im waitin to put my album out. 2 many foolz in the yay are on the same hype. again..the market iz flooded. im like why put my shit out if it wont sell. if theres no buzz or if i aint finna make no bread. Some cats iz comin in the game just to come in the game im tryna make an impact not only in the bay my visions r broder than the yay itself and that what makes adifference in blowin up. yall will see........ im comin

Apr 25, 2002
the Bay area doesnt have enough rap consumers to blow up local artists, Bay artists need L.A. to have a "homebase" of fans. thats how it was in 94-97 or so, Bay artists sold a lot in L.A.

Apr 25, 2002
www.dugoutent.com
That is a good point. But I am also seeing alot more collabo's with SO.Cal artist's now too and if any of them are reading this, can you tell us if it is helping yall or is it minimal to where you aren't being able to tell if there is even a difference?

Another thing I think about alot of is these show's with bigger artist's that come to our area. There should be a way for some locals to be opening up for them. Wether it be at a club, arena, stadium etc. We should have that on lock with all the vet's we have in the Game out here. I don't know, maybe there is more to it than I can see....and I am sure there is.

Artist's like Mac Mall, 40, Quinn, Marv, Kee and so many more have the potential to sell at this rate, but the support is not there like it is in other regions. I don't know.