Does anybody know the story behind Pistol?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 11, 2002
Does anybody know how Pistol hooked up with Eazy-E/Ruthless Records to release his first LP "Hittin Like A Bullet"? I have always wondered how that came together.

Apr 25, 2002
Back when he discovered Pistol he was doing a nationwide search for new talent...He signed a lot of groups at the time including Bone....He threw them all out there and Bone sold the best so they got the push and the rest were just thrown to the shelves...

May 11, 2002
TRAGIC LOSSES said:
Back when he discovered Pistol he was doing a nationwide search for new talent...He signed a lot of groups at the time including Bone....He threw them all out there and Bone sold the best so they got the push and the rest were just thrown to the shelves...

Yeah, I remember Eazy went around a signed a few acts from Tenn, St. Louis, Cleveland, Toloedo, and ect....

I just wanted to know who in his group had the hook up for Eazy to give a listen?

Thanks for the info.

Apr 25, 2002
Codeine said:
Yeah, I remember Eazy went around a signed a few acts from Tenn, St. Louis, Cleveland, Toloedo, and ect....

I just wanted to know who in his group had the hook up for Eazy to give a listen?

Thanks for the info.
NWA did some shows around here back in the day...They asked around in some mom and pop stores who was hot in town....Thats where they heard about him....

Jun 24, 2006
yea you out the loop blue, he still droppin fire, ain't released a retail in about 2 yrs but he got one comin called Fed Material i believe. Hes always puttin up new tracks on myspace.

May 11, 2002
basment-music said:
Pistol got signed off the strength of his single "Rollin In My '64"
Thanks......& That is a tight fucking track.

TRAGIC LOSSES said:
NWA did some shows around here back in the day...They asked around in some mom and pop stores who was hot in town....Thats where they heard about him....
Thanks.....

Was Pistol a major local cat back in the day?

Apr 25, 2002
Codeine said:
Thanks......& That is a tight fucking track.

Thanks.....

Was Pistol a major local cat back in the day?
Yeah he was and still is one of the few major local guys around but back then it was him and kool daddy fresh and no one else basically

Apr 25, 2002
Yeah i still got that cd around here somewhere....The owner of new life records here financed and put out that album....You would be surprised to know just how lil it sold.....He still have over 5k copies still in plastic in the storeroom of the shop..