do most of yall producers use.....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2002
Either or... Computer is usually cheaper though and more expandable.... The Digital recorder units ive seen are around $1000 up and have decent pre amps... Some dont even save to the internal Hard Disc in 24-bit.... Custom Comps can go as low as $500 and software can be found under retail "ask around here" I am biased and have the 24-bit computer setup myself...

Oct 21, 2002
Im gonna cop this one

DPS16
16 Track Digital Personal Studio
The DPS16 is your all-in-one choice for TRUE 24 bit/96kHz, professional quality digital recording in one compact package. From tracking to mixing to mastering, the DPS16 is an affordable solution in a 24-bit/96kHz DVD world.

Standard Features

World's first 24bit/96kHz 16-track digital personal studio
Supports 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, and 96 kHz sample rates
Q-Link Navigation provides intuitive system control
6 Q-knobs provide realtime contol of the most commonly accessed parameters - such as EQ, FX Send levels, FX parameters, etc.
No data compression - for the best sound quality!
24bit/96kHz A/D and D/A converters
20GB internal IDE provides over 4 hours of 16-track recording
Graphic waveform editing with sample level precision
56-bit internal processing throughout - including effects
26-channel, 8-bus digital mixer
High impedence input (for direct recording of guitars and basses)
56-bit 4-bus effect processor with real-time vocal pitch corrector
Large 6-inch diagonal (320 x 420 dot) flip up graphic display
Mastering and archiving to CD
250 freely assignable virtual tracks provide unprecedented flexibility

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
well i'm not a producer, but......

i do prefer a computer to record shit.... i'm tryna fuck with ProTools LE 5.0, and later on a ProTools 5.0 or 6 for OSX with the HD192 when i get more experienced with this and have the $$$..... SOAK::GAME soundlab also got 2 digital recorders, a Roland VS-880 and a VS-890 which is what my folks use in southern cali right now

oh yeah, can anyone give me a copy of ProTools LE 5.0 for Mac OS9??? I can't find this shit anywhere, not even on eBay... i need a CD-R with the installer and anything i need as authentication or whatever, i will pay $$$

May 6, 2002
Re: Im gonna cop this one

Funkzilla said:
DPS16
16 Track Digital Personal Studio
The DPS16 is your all-in-one choice for TRUE 24 bit/96kHz, professional quality digital recording in one compact package. From tracking to mixing to mastering, the DPS16 is an affordable solution in a 24-bit/96kHz DVD world.

Standard Features

World's first 24bit/96kHz 16-track digital personal studio
Supports 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, and 96 kHz sample rates
Q-Link Navigation provides intuitive system control
6 Q-knobs provide realtime contol of the most commonly accessed parameters - such as EQ, FX Send levels, FX parameters, etc.
No data compression - for the best sound quality!
24bit/96kHz A/D and D/A converters
20GB internal IDE provides over 4 hours of 16-track recording
Graphic waveform editing with sample level precision
56-bit internal processing throughout - including effects
26-channel, 8-bus digital mixer
High impedence input (for direct recording of guitars and basses)
56-bit 4-bus effect processor with real-time vocal pitch corrector
Large 6-inch diagonal (320 x 420 dot) flip up graphic display
Mastering and archiving to CD
250 freely assignable virtual tracks provide unprecedented flexibility
Don't do it... I had 2 of those things, and they ain't worth a shit. They sound ok, but For about the same price you can get a computer and a sound card that can surpass the quailty by a shitload. Take from me homey... You don't want a digital recorder... Computer is the way to go.

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
I would go with the 001 set up ( Use a mac or PC which ever makes you happy it works great on both system ).

Why you ask.........

Even though the software is the LE version of PT you are basically using the same software as the HD and TDM systems, which means you are learing the INDUSTRY STANDARD PT software. The akai cant touch that.

I heard something along time ago when I got into all of this.

"MIX WITH YOUR EARS NOT YOUR EYES"