Did Master P fucked over Beats By The Pound ?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
i dont think BBTP were gettin paid what they deserve.. why did P drop them ? any one know the tru story

May 4, 2002

no he wasnt fucking them over, when contract time was up they wanted to up thier ante as producers and wanted P to pay them more, P said nah fuck that hired some fresh hungry younger cats that cost less so beats by the pound left on thier own endevours and changed thier name to Medicine Men

Feb 19, 2003
TRMNDUS said:
no he wasnt fucking them over, when contract time was up they wanted to up thier ante as producers and wanted P to pay them more, P said nah fuck that hired some fresh hungry younger cats that cost less so beats by the pound left on thier own endevours and changed thier name to Medicine Men
Yup. Well, Mo B. Dick, Craig B., KLC and O'Dell left, but Carlos stayed (for awhile, at least)...

PEACE!

Aug 14, 2003
YEA, THAT'S WHY EVERYBODY LEFT, CAUSE P WAS ALL ABOUT THE SHIT THAT WAS BENEFTIN HIM, BAD ENOUGH THAT HE GOT A PERCENTAGE OF WHAT EVERYBODY ELSE WAS MAKIN, THAT NIGGA IS GREEDY

May 4, 2002

beats by the pound aint really doing shit now, i member bout a year back Mo B dick was on ebay selling all his gold and platinum no limit plaques.....they ve done songs for south artists here and thier, most memorable lately has been Ludacris Move Bitch, but what they need to do is get a set artist an push him, they were suppose to awhile back dont know what happened, they still good beatmakers, they had us all moving at one time, they still got a gang of hits in the vaults all the albums that you seen in no limit books are in the vaults, thier done but may just never see release....P may just get smart and release that whole catalog for a set price to make some money..

Aug 7, 2002
maan, nolimit could have been still hott if master p payed them a lil more....cuz beats by da pound beats were gettin alil old and was gon change new materials and shit but wanted p to pay them more...but now since they left nolimit wasn't all that no more...

Sep 1, 2003
odell an mo b dick alwayz came tight on hooks an shit

p has fuckd over hella folks.....thats how i see it

did anyone buy any of those plaques ? lol damn.....he musta been broke or somethin to sell em

greedy is right....wtf if i was him i woulda paid my artists/bbtp an kept em happy what the hell does he need all the millions for ? i mean come on....

Nov 7, 2002
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
well from what i heard...he own's the name
so he could not fuck over the name sake,but the people actuly making the music got greedy they dam self and wanted more than market value, as a business man i could not did it any diff. what ....would any of you take a pay cut doing tha same job?
remember he was not a rapper he was a business man
all in all no limit found it's limit and filed bankrutpy..if that's what e! said?

Jun 9, 2002
one of his excuses was that BBTP sound was gettin repetitive....i stopped listening so i never had any of the cds at the time to know. also P, always talked that fuck a major label, fuck the white man and fuck 15 percent talk....but he turn around and own the publishing, most of the groups names, the royalities, everything. i mean it wasnt no damn difference from what went on with major record labels.

May 15, 2002
lol...how yall bitchin about the way this man do his business? Have he fucked over any of yall? NO! So quit worryin!
P.S...If the artists wouldve read their contracts right instead of jumpin in head first, P wouldnt have been able to fuck over 'em.

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
I seriously doubt he fucked over people like you thought, and like it ain't business?!!!!!!! Y'all musta forgot he made a way for them folks, Where would a lot of them cats seen any money like that? Y'all act like P ain't pumped millions back into his community too, tryna make a way for black folks when no one else was going to. Y'all lookin at it the wrong way. P deserved a cut of all that! See how much them artists get fucked by another label.....

BG got fucked by baby far worse than anyone on no limit did

Aug 14, 2003
THEY EVEN SAID IT THEMSELVES, MAGIC SAID IT BEST THOUGH, IF IT WASN'T BENEFITING HIM, HE WASN'T WIT IT, HE DIDN'T WANT THE DOWN 4 MY NIGGAS VIDEO TO HAPPEN, THAT WOBBLE WOBBLE BEAT WAS ONLY 4 MAGIC, MAGIC WAS TO RELEASE WAY MORE ALBUMS THAN THAT, STEADY MOBB'N WAS TO RELEASE MORE ALBUMS THAN THAT, BEATS BY THE POUND WANTED A CONTRACT EXTENSION, BUT P DIDN'T WANT TO GIVE IT 2 EM, BECAUSE IT MEANT MORE MONEY.

Jul 20, 2002
P just took advantage of what he could. I know with Sons of Funk he gave them dudes condos and Benzes but when they handed in the second album he took it and dropped them. Sons Of Funk is responsible for the song I Got The Hook Up.