DEF JAM MIDWEST???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 20, 2006
Independent music is the religion I spit. Def Jam Midwest would be a noble effort, but I still wanna know what happened to Def Jam South? Def Jam South fell off like Humpty Dumpty. I think they only signed one artist, Luda, and that's it.

Aug 20, 2006
FLA
mocheezkc said:
Independent music is the religion I spit. Def Jam Midwest would be a noble effort, but I still wanna know what happened to Def Jam South? Def Jam South fell off like Humpty Dumpty. I think they only signed one artist, Luda, and that's it.
i think DJ south had a few of artists that started recording, but when Scarface left, they dropped every1 from the label and shelved their shit. i know this cuz a rapper from Rivera Beach was signed to DJ south and that happened to him and he had to sit on the bench for 2 years till he could get outta his contract

and DJ doesnt even promote the artists on the main label, they only worried about Roc-A-Fella, so how are they gonna add on another branch....smh.

Apr 25, 2002
Heat Myser said:
I'll believe it when I see it...I've heard that about 5 times in the past 5 years from 5 people all in the know...ya know?
Heat Myser check your private messages, I finally have an address in the MIL and can't wait to hear that Grewsum cd I ordered for that deal.