CUBASE SX HELP!!! EMERGENCY!!!!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
i need help with cubase sx. i have files that came from pro tools and im loading them in cubase sx. the files that are giving me issues are two guitar files. one is DISTORTED LINE IN "L" the other is DISTORTED MIC "R". basically they are left and right files.

now heres the issue.

when i pan L hard left i can hear it. when i pan R to the right i can hear it......BUT....i can only hear it when ONE of them is playing. when i play them BOTH at the SAME time they sound like one MONO file. this is an issue with cubase sx. i have imported the files into logic,back into pro tools and into acid. no problem.

let me explain again if you cant get the picture.

Left guitar-----center-----Right guitar.
thats how it SHOULD be.

Left guitar(muted)-----center------Right guitar.
this way i can hear the right guitar within the full stereo field. i can hear it when its panned hard right (or when i mute the right and play the left channel)

left guitar
right guitar
center

thats what happens when i play them at the same time with both tracks panned HARD.

someone help me out with this. thanks in advance and remember this is an issue in CUBASE SX. i have no problems with this in any other application.

Apr 25, 2002
These are two mono files, one being left-channel and the other being right-channel. So you're trying to import two mono files into one track? Just use two tracks and pan them or create a new stereo file out of those two and use that instead. SX shouldn't have a problem with that.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
These are two mono files, one being left-channel and the other being right-channel.
yep.
So you're trying to import two mono files into one track?
no not at all. whats happening is i have both tracks panned hard. one to the left and one to the right. the thing is when they both play at the SAME time they sound like one big file smack dab in the middle. when i MUTE 1 of the tracks (they are still panned hard) i can hear the other one as if its panned hard. when i unmuted the muted track everything goes back to the center. when i look at the pan pots it shows up panned. when in solo or when one track is playing it comes out panned. when BOTH guitar tracks are playing it comes out in the middle. ive played with the phase,eq etc etc etc. i have no idea as to why this is happening. it doesnt happen in pro tools,logic or acid. only in cubase sx.

ive made new files combined them as one etc etc etc. no go.

:H:

mo-x

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.unknownterritoryrecords.com
make sure your master track is not set for mono. check the mixer that comes with your sound card, when you're playing 1 sound (left) does it only show up on the left in the mixer? i dunno man, I don't ever get this problem except when my master track is not stereo, when in fact it should be.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
^^^ i dont know what you mean by master track. i know what master outputs are. thats set to stereo. these files are MONO files so its best that they stay that way but go out stereo. what im experiencing is a SUMMING issue.

ill offset one track a couple of milliseconds (30 being the max) and see how that sounds.

:H:

Aug 12, 2002
If you know for sure that you want the two tracks to be hard panned, why don't you just open them in an audio editor such as Sound Forge and convert the mono tracks to stereo with hard panning? I know this eats up a little of your track count and isn't as flexible if you want to change the panning in the future, but it's an idea none the less.

-=bumpus=-