creating art vs. having a hustle

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 5, 2002
Moe I think u misunderstood me... Im talkin about how cats arent really sayin nothin of significance because a lot of the times now most of these cats arent livin n e kind of life, which I'm sure you'll hear them spit about...

What I'm sayin is they have a talent for rapping yet when it comes to bein about what they say they r its a big front!

Apr 26, 2002
www.streetcredmg.com
In defense of the hustle a little bit is THE BAY dont support the good shit! We are too busy bootlegging & Burning shit. i got in this cats car one day he had a whole caselogic full of Burnt Bay Cds thats bullshit! You go out and buy othershit! Thats what makes me mad, Ok I dont have music like Dr. Dre but if he can soundscan 173,000 units in SF-Ooakland-San Jose Then DD should sell a minimum of 50,000 just in those 3 cities! That tells me there is 200,000+ people in the Bay buying rap! But They dont support our shit cuz we are here! Thats why all them people get their deals! Cuz the backyard supported them! The Lil Flips, CMR, Ludacris, too many to name, They did 200,000 units in 1 or 2 states cmon man you mean to tell me that San Quinn and the rest of DD should do 50,000? And then execs like ME look like an idiot mixing down on a SSL bord spending 4 to 5k$ and promoting in 20 cities to sell 4,000 units, when MC whatever didnt even mix his shit good let alone master and he sells 10 to 20k! or even the same 4k units i did but who made a profit? him or me?
I mean if you burn something to hear it early thats one thing, but if you like it Go OUT * SUPPORT IT! So maybe that artist can do it again but bigger! Everybody asks why San Quinn isnt Major, or why hasnt he blew up? My question is why San Quinn has never sold 100,000 records? When everybody we meet from Juvi to Nelly to Andre from Outkast say they been listening to San Quinn he is Dope! Bottom line Support the good shit & and let the bullshit stay just that!

Jun 6, 2002
Done Deal Ceo said:

...Thats why all them people get their deals! Cuz the backyard supported them! The Lil Flips, CMR, Ludacris, too many to name, They did 200,000 units in 1 or 2 states

...I mean if you burn something to hear it early thats one thing, but if you like it Go OUT * SUPPORT IT! So maybe that artist can do it again but bigger!

^^That's real right there. There should be no reason why at least 2 or 3 bay cats don't hit 75,000-100,000 everytime they drop.

thc

Sicc OG
May 2, 2002
"Somehow the rap game remind me of the crack game"-Nas. Check the quote above, its deeper than the 10 words written. How many people try to be grinders/hustlers/dope dealers??? Why??? Fast money (the consequences come later). People see an easy way to make money (or at least what appears to be easy) & they wanna take that route. A lot of hustlers switched games (dope game=rap game) & that also has saturated the game. Not everybody can be a rapper!!!!! Just cause you can put some words together into sentences & rhyme, does not mean you got skills. Shit even I come up with some sick lines but that doesn't mean I should become a rapper. People see only the visible part of being a rapper (the success, money, women, cars, houses, etc) & not behind the scenes (the struggle, getting your album put together, put out, how much $$$ goes into making an album)........even though 1 in what 10,000?? (could be higher) make it, that 1 person is hella visible & makes everybody aspire to become like that person...........

May 30, 2002
I think it's like this....All that practricin is for better freestylin
It's not like your lookin for what to say when you write you know what you wanna put down. If your not livin then you don't have nuthin to write about.

This is real.........naggas wanna whip up that twist cause they wanna act like there filthy like there sellin fake dope.

It wont last cause it's that bogus

4fifteen Rolla's speakin the truth but om dont do it if your not foreal about it.