Circles

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Doxx

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
strivin.com
I was just buggin' out on this memory the other day.

When I was a kid I would try to draw perfect circles freehand. Of course I never could, but does anyone think it's possible to completely freehand a PERFECT circle?

Apr 25, 2002
i dont think its possible to draw an actual perfect circle like mathematically perfect..

i think some people can draw damn good ones, my math teach could draw some tight ones.

May 21, 2002
Sacramento, CA
One day many years ago, when Leonardo da Vinci was in Rome, the Pope sent an emissary to see Leonardo requesting (although in those days a request was an order) that he submit some of his works to be in competition for a new commission.

Leonardo replied, that he was too busy and could not submit any works at that time.

The Pope sent the emissary a second time, requesting that Leonardo submit some of his work. Again Leonardo refused, stating that he was still too busy.

When the emissary arrived the third time, he had a message from the Pope for Leonardo. This being that, if Leonardo did not submit some of his work now, the Pope would have him thrown in prison.

In response to this, Leonardo made a statement similar to that being, "if the Pope really has to have some of my work submitted, then here; take this to the Pope." Where upon he immediately at arms length, took his paintbrush, and drew a circle, in a complete free hand style, and without a support of any kind, and gave it to the emissary to take to the Pope.

What he had actually done, was to have drawn a perfect circle, when measured by a protractor, at arms length, in a complete free hand style, and without a support of any kind. He naturally received the commission.

Apr 25, 2002
im really into art, and i cant draw a perfect one....but then again ther really isnt a time that ive had to, at least reciently....thats because im tryin to improve my computer illistrations:devious:

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Yeah, i was about to tell that story. I draw all the time, my art teach told me that in high school. I always tried it. Never succeeded. Guess I ain't no divinci. Pope was a fucker though...threatening prison. I love bein Catholic.

Sneak

Sicc OG
May 11, 2002
My teacher at school use to draw some sick ass circles. He would put his whole arm on the board and do somethin but it looked like his arm got broke off. That shit was tremendous