Chris Nolan to direct new Batman, other DC & Marvel flicks on the way..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 29, 2003
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/buzz-log-dc-and-marvel-do-battle.html

Holy blockbuster, Batman! A buzzy article from the New York Times revealed that director Christopher Nolan is hard at work on another flick.

Of course, it's not like this is a huge surprise. There was no way Hollywood wasn't going to make a sequel to "The Dark Knight," the third-highest-grossing movie of all time. Still, Nolan's participation will likely cause a huge sigh of relief among moviegoers. Remember when, back in the '90s, director Joel Schumacher replaced Tim Burton and nearly killed the franchise?

The forthcoming blockbuster (not yet titled) also illustrates the escalating battle between Warner Bros. -- which produces many movies based on DC Comics, including "Batman" -- and Disney, which recently acquired DC's biggest rival, Marvel Comics.

Indeed, both studios have a slew of superhero flicks coming soon to theaters. In the New York Times article, it's revealed that "Wonder Woman" and "The Flash," both longtime favorites from DC, are "expected to (be) announced" in the coming months. Additionally, DC's "The Green Lantern," starring Ryan Reynolds as the hero and Blake Lively as his lovely love interest, is scheduled for a 2011 release. There's even a rumor that Mr. Nolan may supervise the development of a "Superman" reboot.

Clearly DC has a lot of irons in the fire. But Marvel isn't surrendering the cineplex anytime soon. Not only does Sony's forthcoming "Spider-Man" reboot have a hot director at the helm (Mark Webb of "500 Days of Summer"), it'll also come to theaters in 3D. Barring any delays, the flick, which will focus on Spider-Man's high school trials and tribulations, will spin its way onto the big screen in 2012.

What's that, Marvel superfan? Can't wait that long? No problem; "Iron Man 2" has you covered. Paramount's sequel to the surprise 2008 hit starring Robert Downey Jr. lands in theaters this summer and already has a sizable following in Search. Over the past month, online queries on the film are among Yahoo's top 3,000. Additionally, Web interest in the trailer shows no signs of slowing down. Kind of like the war between DC and Marvel.

Does anyone actually check these Super Hero movies out? After X-Men, Spider Man, Fantastic Four.....pretty much all terrible movies, they keep pushin them out there.....must be 90s babies.......Iron Man was decent though...

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
A lot of the newer comic book movie release have been super solid. X2, both Hellboy's, Spider-Man 2, etc. were all good.

Just because you don't get down with them doesn't delegate them to being a 90's baby thing. I bet there's some dumb shit in your life that you'd mark for the moment they made it a movie.

Anyway, Nolan will be a mentor of sorts for the next Superman movie so that it doesn't turn into a Bryan Singer tear-fest the next time.

Superman is one of the coolest characters, but has never been represented properly on-screen because of how soft in demeanor the Clark Kent character has always been.

Good for Nolan to have such cred now that they offer him mentorship on a potentially huge film.

DC can turn around if they start making smart moves with their characters. Green Lantern will be the start or finish of the public's faith in DC making a great superhero film. Don't fuck it up, DC.

Apr 25, 2002
Batman has been good. Ironman was good. I liked the first Hellboy. Spiderman & X-men movies sucked. Blade first two were ok. Watchmen was ok. Wanted sucked as a comic adaptation. Ghost Rider was terrible!

Green Lantern - could be ok, but I don't like the casting choice

Captain America - could be good

Thor - don't like the character

Jonah Hex - could be good

Kick Ass - will be good

Wonderwoman & flash = lame and won't make good movies.

Superman is gay.

I want Green Arrow!

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Blade 2 was the fucking bomb, too.

Del Toro knows how to make a movie.

Nobody wants to watch the Robin Hood equivalent of a comic book hero.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
Bout time he's been confirmed.

Superhero movies are on the rise but I still think Ryan Reynolds would have played a better Flash than Green Lantern.

Nov 20, 2005
while i dont agree that hollywood should be "rebooting" spiderman so soon, i was very pleased with the new batman movies. should be interesting.

~k.

Jan 27, 2010
look what they did to the hulk. they are already rebooting the rebooted superman.

fuck your boots

In the future they will make many reboots no more sequel, the next thing we know we will not understand the real story of the hero because of reboots. Different stories in every reboots.