Chammillionaire on MTV.com

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
Props to them Texas boys. Their mixtape hustle is meaner than George "The Animal" Steel chewing on a turnbuckle. Lil' Flip flipped his mixtape dealings into a major deal with Sony, Slim Thug signed with the Neptunes' Star Trak, Play-N-Skillz got scooped up by Universal, and Paul Wall and Mike Jones' recording home, Swisha House, just inked a partnership with the Warner Bros.-distributed Asylum. Now you can add one more MC to those whose independent musical movement is being backed by the proverbial machine.

"I just signed a multimillion-dollar deal with Universal records," TX's Chamillionaire boasted last weekend in Puerto Rico. "Texas has another hero that's about to stand on that big screen."

Milli's found out that being a heavyweight down South is a whole different ball game from being a universal superstar (no pun intended).

"In Texas we drop 'em big and sell big units," he said. "We live off of mixtapes in Texas. We was making money before in Texas doing the mixtapes, but it really wasn't nothing because it was under the radar. The industry didn't know about it. This year we're coming to the forefront. Everybody is getting deals. It's a beautiful thing that everybody is starting to embrace it."

Cham's The Mixtape Messiah street disc is certified 'hood platinum, and he says that after fielding offers, he felt Universal offered the best of both worlds: money and ownership.

"Somebody can give you a give big check, but at the end of the day, it's all about who really has their faith in you," Chamillionaire explained about his deal. "Then it's so many things [Universal] was budging on. I got a joint venture with them. They didn't give me a regular artist deal. My imprint, Chamilitary, is going to be showing on everything. They gave me a big budget, and I feel they believe in me. They're not gonna be in there telling me how to make my record, I'mma keep it Southern."

Chamillionaire doesn't have a set date for his Universal-assisted release, but he's settled on the title Controversy Sells.

Look for Cham to be talking the talk on his next mixtape, The Mixtape Messiah 2.

"It's only nice that we do it twice," he said. "Now I got a little bit more to talk about. My deal is looking real nice, and I'mma let the world know about it."

Speaking of Texans putting out mixtapes, Slim Thug is about to start beasting again.

The "boss hog" promises to keep dropping mixtapes "every month." His next offering is titled Outlaw Season and will be out soon. Then he's teaming up DJs Smallz, Whoo Kid and Drama for three separate mixtapes down the line.

Slim, who is far from gaunt, does have a timetable for his official big-label release. His Already Platinum is dropping at the beginning of 2005. His official first single is "I Ain't Heard of That" and features Pharrell Williams.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.mtv.com/bands/m/mixtape_monday/101104/

just lettin ya know bout it.......look like we are gonna see MTM 2...

Aug 9, 2002
Been Drinkin said:
I will. What kind of music does he make? is it gangsta, mental or something for the hoes or all of the above?
its gangsta & mental but not really for tha hoes...but most of all he keeps it true with his shit...peep his first album... "losing composure"...its hella throwed!..

Apr 26, 2002
Bacc In Texas
thanks for posting the info JLMACN...

yea, Texas artist are shinning with the majors these dayzzzz...

its lovely!!!

niggaz is GRINDING AND GETTIN paid!!

SOUTHERN SICC, GAME RECOGNIZE!

D-locc