cassette to cd?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
any recording program should be able to do that, there is a cheap program I have forgot the name that did it too, the quality wasn't that hot though, probably the cable i used to stream it though. If you have a nice cable routed from your cassette player to an audio interface into a DAW you should have no problems, but if you aren't trying to spend that kind of money for that simple purpose look for some cheap software at frys and some cable that will hook to your player to your computers sound card

Mar 17, 2003
thats what im tryin to ask....what is the cable called and where can i get it i wanna getthat first then get the program

does it depend on what kind of stereo im using....because this stero i got has a built in mic and thats how i wanna record my mixtape

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Syke O C said:
does it depend on what kind of stereo im using....because this stero i got has a built in mic and thats how i wanna record my mixtape
I don't think you want to do that, Its not going to sound very good. You might want to get yourself some half decent gear or you won't be happy with your results.

As far as the cable goes all you'll need is an RCA cable with an adapter jack on whatever ends that need them. You'll probably need an 1/8 adapter if putting it directly into the computer if you got a stock sound card. don't go cheap on cable get some monster or mogami shit for the best results, shitty cable = shitty sound