C-Murder Granted New Trial, Could Be Free Monday

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
Corey "C-Murder" Miller, younger brother of mogul Master P, has been granted a new trial after being convicted last year of shooting a teenager to death in a Jefferson Parish night club.

New Orleans State District Judge Martha Sassone ruled today (April 6) that Miller deserves a new trial because prosecutors withheld information about key witnesses that were used to implicate Miller.

Miller's attorney's argued that prosecutors failed to disclose that key witnesses had criminal records and were given special consideration for their testimony.

"He got dealt a bad hand," Master P told AllHipHop.com. "[The] reality is gonna come out because there is a man up above. That situation with C-Murder could happen to anyone one of us. You are an innocent man and you are going through what C is going through - he's a soldier. He's definitely a strong person because the average person would have broke down."

Miller was convicted in September of the shooting death of 16-year-old Steve Thomas in the Platinum night club. Miller pled not guilty to the shooting.

In December at a hearing for the retrial, a woman that was a key prosecution witness during the murder trial testified that she did not see Miller shoot the boy, but said she witnessed another man with a gun moments before the shooting.

Eloise Matthews testified under oath that she stood on a chair and witnessed Miller beating Thomas, but fell and did not witness the shooting.

Matthews claimed that just before the shooting, she witnessed another man known as "Calliope Slim" with a gun.

Matthews testified she told Jefferson Parish detectives before the trial about "Calliope Slim," who takes his moniker from the same projects that reared Miller, his older brother Master P. and their youngest brother Silkk The Shocker.

When asked why she didn't reveal this information during the trial, Matthews said that no one asked her.

Matthews said that Detective Donald Clogher cleared her parking tickets and an arrest warrant out for her friend Tenika Rankins on felony theft charges was lifted.

Rankins' criminal record and the clearing of tickets were withheld from the defense, which defense attorney's said cast doubt on their credibility and the prosecutions case.

Miller is facing a mandatory sentence of life without parole in prison.

The rapper will have a hearing on Monday that will determine whether or not he will be freed on bond.

May 13, 2002
i heard this.....i hope somethin happens

he deserves a real trial...not some fake bribed shit like the first one

either way i think this his last chance to be free....

Oct 16, 2002
Gilroy
it really seems like he didn't do it and they just fucked 'em up over cuz of his status

i hope he really get's off if he didn't do it

c prolly the only tight rapper on all of nolimit