Buying an unlocked iPhone (6/6s) as a gift for a Verizon customer

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
Trying to figure out the best way to do this. My wife and her sister want to get their mom a phone for Christmas and they have a Verizon account thru work. To avoid going thru work, they want to just buy an unlocked phone. Trying to tell them there's a better way than paying retail, but does anyone have any ideas (she doesn't want refurbished)?

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
Trying to figure out the best way to do this. My wife and her sister want to get their mom a phone for Christmas and they have a Verizon account thru work. To avoid going thru work, they want to just buy an unlocked phone. Trying to tell them there's a better way than paying retail, but does anyone have any ideas (she doesn't want refurbished)?
Try eBay. But it's gonna be pricey!

Apr 5, 2016
the "low-key" phone repair spots that unlock/jailbreak usually buy/sell what it sounds like your looking for