Blu-Ray Picture Quality Tier List - good resource for the best looking Blu-Rays

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
LOL...its funny you got that from that forum, as I post there from time to time. And I have gotten into some "conversations" about what makes a movie "good". To the HT community, and I am talking hardcore HT'ers, they like the movies with LOTS of LFE and great visuals....so you can imagine the nut they are going to bust tomorrow when Avatar comes out.

I asked if any of them ever watched a movie for the sake of cinema, and the consensus answer was "of course we do, but this is a [post, forum, etc] about [scene, movie, etc] with lots of great [bass, CGI, etc]! However, most of the "favorite movies" were things like U-571, Transformers, and the likes.

I equate it to a person with a really nice car system, always playing bass heavy music, because they LOVE the bass. Just like back in the late 80's/early 90's when DJ Magic Mike tapes were so popular.

It is what it is, but that website/message board is very informative when it comes to understanding the science of sound, not just personal perspective of subjective hearing.

Jan 18, 2006
they got it right with 28 days later, i cant believe how shitty of quality it looks like on Blu-Ray

Apr 25, 2002
I thought "The Fall" was a good movie and fanfuckingtastic visually and that is rated quite highly

I always recommend it to people with a good setup.

The Fall and Planet Earth were the first two things we watched on our TV when we got it.

Jul 9, 2007
Only seen a few blu ray movies but the few I have seen looked really good. Better than I thought they would especially kinda older movies I fiqured they weren't recored in HD so they wouldn't look that much better but they actually did.

May 18, 2008
Yeah older movies do look better in HD
i was thinking the same kane that since they were not recorded in HD they would look the same but they definitely look way better