Blown Away?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 14, 2002
Instead of going "how do you not know..." as if every 12 year old on the forum is supposed to know about KRS and oldschool NY rap beefs, why not just tell them to Netflix Beef and Beef 2?

Nov 7, 2007
www.freewebs.com
Instead of going "how do you not know..." as if every 12 year old on the forum is supposed to know about KRS and oldschool NY rap beefs, why not just tell them to Netflix Beef and Beef 2?
Thanks for not being a faggot like everyone else was being..

Cause apparently since someone listens to a genre of music they just have to know who the fuck every old artist is in that genre? Fuck off.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
While KRS is indeed a key individual in Rap, I don't understand the concept that just because you listen to the genre, you have to know who he is. If you enjoy watching comedy movies of today, must you know all the key players in previous eras? It's not as if when you start listening to a genre of music, you're forced to take a history class to understand where it's roots are and such.

It's music. People listen to it because they enjoy it. They don't have to know who Kool Herc is to listen to 50 Cent. Or know what someone is talking about when they mention "Rapper's Delight", just because they may like "New York State Of Mind".

Now, move along.. hip-hop elitists.

Yang

Sicc OG
May 2, 2004
as if every 12 year old on the forum is supposed to know about KRS and oldschool NY rap beefs
Cause apparently since someone listens to a genre of music they just have to know who the fuck every old artist is in that genre? Fuck off.
While KRS is indeed a key individual in Rap, I don't understand the concept that just because you listen to the genre, you have to know who he is.
People are giving this overblown argument too much depth of thought. Not to speak for anyone else, but it's not about "you must pay respect" or even "you must know who that is", it is just that some people (and nobody should take this personally) find it odd that a Hip Hop fan could have never heard the name KRS-One; not because he is a so-called legend, not even because him and Tech N9ne were both on The Anthem and KRS was on a song/video released by Strange Music, but merely because it's hard to like the genre without at least hearing the name from time to time.

I dont know much Krs nor do I give a fuck.

Guess im not a rap fan :(
I can only name about five 2Pac songs. Guess I'm not one either.

I think some of you are more of a "stan" than you guys believe yourselves not to be.
Very true.