Black Swan

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

thebrain

@HuseyinTheBrain
Feb 16, 2008
Sacramento, CA
www.BrainChildMedia.com
not a big fan of ballet, but this movie was dope. watching a movie about ballet is cool when you throw in a bunch of NON-sensual sex scenes, blood, and trippy scenes and special fx. natalie portman killt it and i was into the movie... i was telling my self "wow, i'm actually into this movie"... it was intense 9/10

Oct 27, 2008
great movie. i'll be waiting for its blu-ray release.

some interesting shit regarding Aronofsky & inspiration for this movie--- he is a huge fan of an anime movie "Perfect Blue," which he borrowed elements from for this movie, & also got the bathtub scene from in Requiem for a Dream (he owns the rights to remake Perfect Blue).

Satoshi Kon directed Perfect Blue. he also directed the more recent anime Paprika (which i have seen & recommend). Paprika is reported to have been an influence of Christopher Nolan's, in his film Inception.

Mar 18, 2003
Watched it today and it was really good. I still think Inception was the best movie this past year but this was right behind it. I had to stop the movie like 3-4 times due to interuptions which sucked. The best scene was when she concluded her Black Swan performance, that shit was dope. I'm a fan of both Kunis and Portman so it was good to see them together in a film like this. And from what I've read, they are good friends and Portman got her this role. The casting for this movie was a 10/10 they really nailed it. Too much to go through and I'm late on this thread so I'll leave it at that. But overall I would give Black Swan 9/10. Really good movie.

I think 2010 was a weak year for movies in terms of quantity, but the few movies that were good, were better than what I've seen in a while.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
So I finally saw this a month back or so, I thought it was a return to form for Aronofsky. Obvious tones, themes and subject matter aside, I feel like this is what he was going for with The Wrestler. That movie fell short where this flourished. I put it off for so long because thought it was going to be another lame duck, as I have felt about his previous 2 films(sans certain elements). Very pleased with it.

great movie. i'll be waiting for its blu-ray release.

some interesting shit regarding Aronofsky & inspiration for this movie--- he is a huge fan of an anime movie "Perfect Blue," which he borrowed elements from for this movie, & also got the bathtub scene from in Requiem for a Dream (he owns the rights to remake Perfect Blue).

Satoshi Kon directed Perfect Blue. he also directed the more recent anime Paprika (which i have seen & recommend). Paprika is reported to have been an influence of Christopher Nolan's, in his film Inception.
Very spot on R @roseaustin85 , I noticed that as well. God I love Perfect Blue. Have you ever seen Paranoia Agent? A couple of slow episodes but definite moments of utter brilliance. RIP Satoshi Kon.

I honestly hope he never gets around to remaking PB, the fact that it was animated and seemed so realistic was a big part of what made it classic.

S @Staci did you ever see Perfect Blue?