Bill and Teds 3?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 23, 2003
The only semblance of news so far to come from celebrity-filled red carpet at the Oscars last night, seems to be this speculative story from our friends at MTV. The TV station caught up Keanu Reeves (who was there to introduce The Hurt Locker because he starred in Kathryn Bigelow's Point Break) and told him, jokingly, that they should greenlight a sequel to Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. Instead of a comedic response, Reeves replied with "we're trying, we're trying." Given the lighter atmosphere of the red carpet, MTV's Josh Horowitz then asked Reeves if he was joking: "I'm not." So could it be more than just a rumor? "We'll see."

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure first hit in 1989 and was followed-up by an even cheesier sequel called Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey in 1991 (the same year as Point Break). The original was one of my all-time favorites as a kid (who doesn't love that movie?!). Given that Hollywood is stuck rebooting and remaking movies from the 80's, it makes sense that someone out there is interested in revisiting this series. We also know that Alex Winter, who played Bill S. Preston, Esq., is directing his own new horror remake of The Gate. So maybe the time is right? Maybe they are indeed revisiting Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure for some sequel or remake. But now the question is - could this be any good? Or is this just a bad idea from the start? Your thoughts?

Read more: http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/03/...#ixzz0i2a8X10V

Nov 14, 2002
I'd like to see more Bill & Ted if it's going to be original cast type of shit, but I mean... I'm not trying to watch Bill and Ted played by the two idiots from Dumb and Dumberer.

Dec 11, 2006
but george carlin is dead so it cant be all the original cast. i read an interview a couple years ago where keanu tried denying Bill n Ted as if he wasnt in it. hopefully they make a new one tho