Big Pokey-Hardest Pit In The Litter

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 19, 2003
What's up, Jar Man?!? In reference to your question, I have HARDEST PIT, too, as well as two Pokey solos that came after that: D GAME 2000 (2000) and DA SKY'S DA LIMIT (2002). I like 'em both about as much as HARDEST PIT, if not more (production might be just a little slicker on both than it was on HARDEST PIT, but it's cool) If you liked HARDEST PIT, you should be able to get into both of these.

Most of the Texas Rappers who got their start w/ or had some connection w/ the late, great D.J. Screw (R.I.P.) are dope to me (i.e. C-Note, Fat Pat, H.A.W.K., Pymp Tyte, a lot of E.S.G.'s stuff, Big Moe, Lil O, Lil Keke, etc.). They kind of have that combination of smooth Southern Rap w/ beats and chorus singing that comes off like some old school Isley Brothers (or something like that). Even when they're rhyming about flossin' and shit, the music and hook singing they get is often so soulful that it's easy for me to dig when I'm feelin' laid-back. Unfortunately, it's hard for me to get a hold of a lot of this southern stuff where I live, so Pokey may have done other CDs since 2002 that I haven't seen in my area! Check your stores and the Internet and see what you come up with...

PEACE!

Aug 9, 2002
sav-man said:
What's up, Jar Man?!? In reference to your question, I have HARDEST PIT, too, as well as two Pokey solos that came after that: D GAME 2000 (2000) and DA SKY'S DA LIMIT (2002). I like 'em both about as much as HARDEST PIT, if not more (production might be just a little slicker on both than it was on HARDEST PIT, but it's cool) If you liked HARDEST PIT, you should be able to get into both of these.

Most of the Texas Rappers who got their start w/ or had some connection w/ the late, great D.J. Screw (R.I.P.) are dope to me (i.e. C-Note, Fat Pat, H.A.W.K., Pymp Tyte, a lot of E.S.G.'s stuff, Big Moe, Lil O, Lil Keke, etc.). They kind of have that combination of smooth Southern Rap w/ beats and chorus singing that comes off like some old school Isley Brothers (or something like that). Even when they're rhyming about flossin' and shit, the music and hook singing they get is often so soulful that it's easy for me to dig when I'm feelin' laid-back. Unfortunately, it's hard for me to get a hold of a lot of this southern stuff where I live, so Pokey may have done other CDs since 2002 that I haven't seen in my area! Check your stores and the Internet and see what you come up with...

PEACE!

wow...now thats what i call a good answer...but to put it in simpler terms...yeah pokey got mad heat... hardest pit is my fav album bye him so far...

Jar

Sicc OG
May 22, 2002
I just noticed that song "Who Dat Talking Down" is in the first episode of Entourage

Dec 16, 2005
skys da limit has to be the weakest album he's dropped. theres also the wolfpack colabo cd he dropped which is kinda like a compilation, & that mob4life cd that came out not to long ago.