best compresser/limiter

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 26, 2002
i just scooped a Shure KSM44, i dont know much about this shit but i was told i need a compresser thing to get the quality str8.. if yall could recommend some good ones i'd appreciate that. regards..

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
Dat Boy Zig said:
i just scooped a Shure KSM44, i dont know much about this shit but i was told i need a compresser thing to get the quality str8..
The KSM44 is one of the best mic's for the $$$$, I've been looking at them for awhile now, the work great on almost anything you put them on. This mic sounds great on it's own period.

As far as the compressor question who told you that?????? I assume you mean that you want to compress before the audio hits your recording medium??? As far as that goes, thats is personal preference. Some people like to comp on the way in some people dont, that is up to you, and how you like the sound. If you comp on the way in, dont comp to much. Only about 2:1 or 3:1 at the most and try not to go past 3-4 db of reduction. If you comp to much on the way in you will squezze the life out of the vocals, comping on the way in should just be used to get a more even level across the track.

See the VITAL thread on equipment for a budget. The RNC ( really nice compressor ) is the best bang for buck in compressor in po audio right now.