Belly 2 ?!?!?!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 23, 2007
Ok. about a month ago I heard on the Radio and seen it online, that they are coming out with Belly 2.... Hype Williams is directing.. DMX and NAS both signed on to do it but now I can't find anything about it? Does anyone know anything about it??

Apr 11, 2007
haha i was just watchin that, and wonderin why they didnt do another one.....i dont think it would be as good as the o.g tho...that movie always makes me wanna roll a blunt

Jan 1, 2006
I know this article is dated last year but that's all I could find

http://www.allhiphop.com/Hiphopnews/?ID=5773

DMX Talks 'Beast,' Sequel To 'Belly'
By Chris Richburg and Houston Williams
Date: 6/12/2006 5:30 pm

Rapper DMX has confirmed that a sequel to the Hip-Hop cult film Belly is in the works titled Beast.

"It's me, Nas and Hype, [Williams, the director of the film]. I go and get [Nas' character in Africa]," DMX told AllHipHop.com. "We start filming this year."

Released in 1998, Belly is an urban drama centered around Tommy (DMX) and Sincere (Nas), former partners in crime who become estranged after Sincere decides to go straight and Tommy takes on a major drug deal from a Jamaican drug lord.

"We got a sick story and all that," DMX continued. "We're starting this one off how the last one ended and pick it up from there."

The film, which featured Taral Hicks, rappers Method Man and Vita, dancehall artist Louie Rankin and T-Boz from TLC, marked the feature film directorial debut of music video director Hype Williams.

Williams collaborated with Nas on the movie's screenplay.

Like Williams, Belly marked DMX's first venture in to feature films.

The rapper was slated to star in the drama Marble City, but was dropped by the film's producers and replaced by Ving Rhames.

As of press time, there is no word on when Beast will be released theatrically.

WayCide-Ridah

Evergreen Hustlah
Sep 13, 2005
Tha Eva Green
shit, tha first one iz a fucc'n tight azz movie...i remember seeing in XXL a long time ago, a str8 to dvd release that had belly 2 on it...shit looked corny as fucc tho...i remember hearing dmx n' nas talking bout doing a sequel to it, they need 2 hurry up n' do that shit

May 30, 2006
I heard that part 2 is going 2 be called the Beast. But on the real.... I liked Belly but I got my issues with that movie. Nas & T-Boz couldn't act, They borrowed & bit way too much shit from other movies & their were too many obvious errors that the filmmakers failed 2 correct. That had 2 be the most unoriginal gangsta flick ever.

Apr 7, 2007
The Evil Genius said:
I heard that part 2 is going 2 be called the Beast. But on the real.... I liked Belly but I got my issues with that movie. Nas & T-Boz couldn't act, They borrowed & bit way too much shit from other movies & their were too many obvious errors that the filmmakers failed 2 correct. That had 2 be the most unoriginal gangsta flick ever.
Dayum i aint know you was in the movie biz wat moviez u direct or produce i aint also know you were a actor yaself wat moviez ya been in?

May 30, 2006
Norcal916 said:
Dayum i aint know you was in the movie biz wat moviez u direct or produce i aint also know you were a actor yaself wat moviez ya been in?
LOL!!! Homie its about recognizing good filmmaking. Like I said I like the movie but its not an overrall good film. I like the movie Dolemite but I like it 4 my own personal taste. But thatz not a good movie either. Its a difference between knowing what u like & knowing whatz actually good filmmaking good.

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
man i liked belly but nas aint that great of an actor niether was tboz. but i still watched the flick at least 10 times... im glad hype is directing. i was digging the choice of colors and lighting in the movie..story wasnt the most original but i still dug the shit out of it...the begining of the movie is dope... belly is a good movie to watch on a rainy day with a few bleezys and sum drank... if hype wasnt coming back or dmx..i wouldnt be to excited..hopefully nas steps it up..and i hope there aint no kelis role in the movie hat would be corny....

Oct 6, 2005
nob0die said:
Gummo.... that shit was stupid as hell..
Yo, I hated that fucking movie... The Black midget... 'Ol boy pimpimg his retarded sister... That shit was disturbing... A bunch of fucked up kids in middle America... Ugh...!