Been away from Bay Area Rap for awhile..someone help me

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 13, 2002
I live on the west coast and used to like bay area shit but then it grew old and repetetive. Seemed like no artists from the bay were willing to stand up and step away from the typical bay area sound. Same types of production, same stagnant and uninsightful lyrics and so on. What I am looking for are artists and groups like Blackalicious who obviously stand out amongst the bay area rap scene and actually have some skill. All the artists people yap about on here do nothing for me and I am wondering if people can give me some artists/groups names that are actually artists and not someone rapping because their brothers cousins sister is married to a rich guy who can give them some studio time. Tired of hearing about smokin weed, fuckin bitches, rollin on dubs, and killing people. I want shit that is worth a listen and refreshing and innovative. So can anyone help me...Really would appreciate it. And if anyone feels the same as I do about the bay area rap scene and would like to listen to some good music here is my list of bumps right now however only 1 is from the bay.......Aesop Rock, Cannibal Ox, Blackalicious, Opus, Swollen Members. I need to add that Aesop Rock is hands down the best rap artist I have ever heard from a lyrical, flow, and production standpoint and if anybody hasn't heard him, check out his albums Labor Days and the EP Daylight.

G

GANGSTAEIGHT

DSOD24 said:
Tired of hearing about smokin weed, fuckin bitches, rollin on dubs, and killing people.
then listen to music that's about crack dillin :D
go pick up a bored stiff release
that shit got some juice to it