Beat Programs (HELP)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 3, 2006
www.myspace.com
I gt Fruity Loops and the shit is hard as fuck to use, what are some good beat making programs that are easier than Fruity Loops?

Also on Fruity Loops how can u make a whole song? It seems like I only get to make the intro or something.

And how do you add more sounds to fruity loops if you have downloaded them?

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
i've been told that FL is the easiest program to make beats with but i never liked using it. I'd rather use reason any day of the week.

May 1, 2003
Young Tre said:
I gt Fruity Loops and the shit is hard as fuck to use, what are some good beat making programs that are easier than Fruity Loops?

Also on Fruity Loops how can u make a whole song? It seems like I only get to make the intro or something.

And how do you add more sounds to fruity loops if you have downloaded them?
You really need to RTFM! When you open the program look at the top left or somewhere around there for a "HELP" tab . it will walk you through, and get you started. Every thing you asked about is in the help section.

Aug 4, 2005
www.flossalini.com
FL... the easiest progrm out period. I own both Reasons & FL, but FL is the cleanest all day becuase you can make your own sounds & samples. If the program wasn't so easy to get... more producers would be proud of the slaps they make. It's hard for some to believe that they can make some decent and super sounding slaps if they master the program.

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
Damn i didnt read the manual n i learnd how to use that shit in a week, its too easy to even say its hard. Read up on MIDI so u can appreciate what the fuck is goin on in the program. I started FL in the winter of 04, n i just learned lil bit on how to make beats then n the summer i learned how to use reason n i started makn full beats, n now im makn beats that r clean, they dont sound like....those amatuerish techno beats ne more. Dont go plottn lil dots in fl either just get a midi controller.

Jan 3, 2006
www.myspace.com
Carnage187 said:
Damn i didnt read the manual n i learnd how to use that shit in a week, its too easy to even say its hard. Read up on MIDI so u can appreciate what the fuck is goin on in the program. I started FL in the winter of 04, n i just learned lil bit on how to make beats then n the summer i learned how to use reason n i started makn full beats, n now im makn beats that r clean, they dont sound like....those amatuerish techno beats ne more. Dont go plottn lil dots in fl either just get a midi controller.
Someone help me out cuz I got no idea was MIDI is...

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
^you need to start reading up on this shit if you want to be serious about audio. MIDI stands for musical instrument digital interface, its pretty much the basis of how all keyboards and soft synths like Reason and fruity loops communicate with eachother. It was originally made by keyboardists who wanted to have multiple boards to talk to eachother to make new crazy sounds. It moved on to controlling effects, lighting, guitar pedals and even robotics and is the basis of the invention of the sequencer. If you get yourself a midi keyboard, MIDI is the protocall that will enable the keyboard to communicate with the software you are using. All of these softwares like FL and reason are pretty worthless without midi on your side cuz they wouldn't do a damn thing without them. A MIDI keyboard is an essentual tool when it comes to music production, you can get one for like 100 bucks anywhere.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
^HAHA thats where I first learned about shit when I first started, great site

TROLL

Sicc OG
Aug 8, 2003
i got fruity loops and it was easy for me because i used to fuck with mtv music generator.. that got me familiar with the timing of where hooks go and what not..

but for FL i dont use my midi controller because of its horrid latency..

Apr 27, 2003
www.mymproductions.com
Filthy_Rich said:
until recently, i've done almost 100% of my beats on FL. I"ve been fuckin with that program since 2000. The key is to twerk every sound you use. the stock drums are garbage too. so you'll want to download as many drum kits and sounds as you can. and if you can, use a midi controlling device to program your drums. FL tends to have the techno boom bap vibe since the swing feature isn't very smooth.

check my link in my sig... I did almost everything in FL on those 4 beats up there... with the exception of adding sounds from my fantom, using sonar and FL together... but for the most part... everything was done in FL... FL is hard as fuck if u kno how to flip it....