Batista Injured

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Cheaptimes

C'mon now...
Jan 3, 2005
www.twitter.com
PWInsider wrote:
WWE World champion Batista suffered a muscle tear in his back at tonight's Smackdown taping in Indiana. During a show closing angle, Batista was hit with a double chokeslam. When Randy Orton came down for the post-taping dark match, Batista was down for some time. They did a quick three minute match which featured Orton on offense followed by a quick spinebuster for the pin.

When Batista returned to the locker room, it was said that he had obviously torn his latissimus dorsi, a muscle on the upper back that connects under each arm. The muscle was said to have appeared to have rolled up and Batista was in a lot of pain. WWE was making arrangements to have him checked out tomorrow, possibly by James Andrews in Alabama.

If he's down for any period of time, it's a major blow to the Smackdown brand and will obviously change the face of at least the Survivor Series PPV.

Credit: Kliq
THere should be more after the weekend on this one.

Apr 1, 2003
I guess he is going to work through the injury, but I heard MR Kennedy had the same type of injury on the recent International tour and is going to have the surgery. Makes you wonder if this is a good idea for Batista and the WWE. I guess the only difference is they need Batista on Smackdown right now.