BASS!!!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2003
www.soundclick.com
how would one reduce the bass on a beat (mainstream i downloaded) cause the shit is bangin hard....!!!

i tried the eq in pro tools le but it seems to turn the whole beat down....im still kinda new to this any info is appreciated....thanks!

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
You can use an EQ (parametric or filter) or MULTIBAND COMPRESSOR. I'll show you how to use the Parametric.

You have two places where you can place the eq or MBC. You can place it on the track insert or you can place it on the MASTER. Put a 4 band eq on the beat you want to tweek. Mute all the bands except for the PARAMETRIC/LOW-MID BAND. Set the gain as high as you can set it, set the Freq to 20khz and set the Q as high as it will go (move it all the right.)

Click on the Freq slider and drag it back and fourth over the entire range. You should be listening for LOUD parts, BASS distorted parts, MUDDY parts etc. Now adjust the Q (this will effect frequencies around your selected frequency) and CUTaccording to taste.

May 9, 2003
www.soundclick.com
HERESY said:
You can use an EQ (parametric or filter) or MULTIBAND COMPRESSOR. I'll show you how to use the Parametric.

You have two places where you can place the eq or MBC. You can place it on the track insert or you can place it on the MASTER. Put a 4 band eq on the beat you want to tweek. Mute all the bands except for the PARAMETRIC/LOW-MID BAND. Set the gain as high as you can set it, set the Freq to 20khz and set the Q as high as it will go (move it all the right.)

Click on the Freq slider and drag it back and fourth over the entire range. You should be listening for LOUD parts, BASS distorted parts, MUDDY parts etc. Now adjust the Q (this will effect frequencies around your selected frequency) and CUTaccording to taste.
thanks man, ima try and get it right, boy this is time consuming not sayin in a bad way just that i be so much into this shit so deep, time be flyin by heh...but its fun.:)

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
could be a poor compresson ratio from when the song was turned into an MP3 in the first place, try DLing the song once or twice. could be something simple