Barrera vs. Morales this weekend

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 12, 2002
Forget Tyson/Lewis, its time to move onto to the rematch of the fight of the year for 2000. Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales will be on PPV this saturday. In their first bout Morales won a controversial decision victory over Barrera. Many (myself included) had Barrera winning the fight. Since their fight BArrera has beating the Prince Naseem Hamed and Enrique Sanchez. Morales has won all of his fights also but has looked less impressive than Barrera. Their is a lot of bad blood between the two and Barrera has already hit Morales at one press conference. I know Tyson/Lewis has the mainstream draw to break all records like it did, but this should be a classic matchup worthy of actually paying for.

May 12, 2002
On and crackin.They knew to put it on pay per view this time.Last time it was on HBO and it was by far fight of the year.I thought Barrera might have won it but it was close to call.Thats why we got part 2.Im going for Barrera he put on a good show here in Reno against Sanches.

C

CinFul-1

greenleaf said:
On and crackin.They knew to put it on pay per view this time.Last time it was on HBO and it was by far fight of the year.I thought Barrera might have won it but it was close to call.Thats why we got part 2.Im going for Barrera he put on a good show here in Reno against Sanches.

Hell yeah I'm from Reno to dawg and was there for that fight. I like Barrera hes hella cool

Apr 25, 2002
BARRERA!!! BARRERA!!! BARRERA!!!...PERSONALLY I THINK BARRERA DESERVES THIS SHIT...HEZ PROBABLY THA HARDEST WORKIN MAN IN BOXING...FIRST TIME I STARTED PAYIN ATTENTION TO HIM WUZ THAT IMPRESSIVE WIN GAINST MY BOY PRICE NASSEM....HE DIDNT DO ANYTHING THAT BIG...BUT HE STUCK WITH IT...BREAKIN DOWN THA CHAMP AT A STEADY PACE...DONT GIT ME WRONG...MORALES COO....BUT HE DONT HAVE THAT DRIVE THAT BARRERA DUZ TO GIVE IT 110% ALL 12 ROUNDZ...BARRERA INA UNANIMOUS DECISION...$IDEWAYZ

May 12, 2002
I think the PPV price is $25 or $30. Marco is one of my favorite fighters today. I covered his last fight in Reno against Enrique Sanchez. He was very cool to myself and everyone else there. I got to sit down and interview him before the fight at the press conference at Bleachers here in Sacramento, and he remembered me at the post fight press conference. He signed a bunch of autographs for me, took pictures, the whole deal. If you go on his website, he is very easy to get a hold of, and will answer any questions. He is a class act and a credit to boxing.

May 10, 2002
yo,4-sho mayne these two chicano wit rounds 4 real mayne. the first fight wuz sicc as fucc to.this 1 a step better. fucc mayne i heard they wuz gonna go uno mas (1mo). shitz gonna be off the hingez sum1 gonna leave the ring in a wheel chair

May 12, 2002
The first fight I had Barrera winning by a slim margin, but Morales got the decision. The fight Saturday night I picked Marco to win and he did, but I did have Morales winning the fight by a round. I guess this means we get to see them fight again, which I have no complaints with. Both are great fighters who seem to bring out the best in each other.

May 12, 2002
Morales won fight number two but the judges gave it to Barrera.It was like they set up a fight 3.Morales won a suspect 1st fight Barrera won a suspect 2nd fight.The 3rd will be the one.This in one of the only serious and great rivalries in this boxing era.